MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Repy count : 4,294,967,294 and other various problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://smashrok.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4

Well, the thread shows 4 trillion or so replies but only shows the post of the one I posted. And this seems to only happen in firefox. Another thing is that there are numbers next to the number of threads on the main page, is this normal, because it goes away in internet explorer.

Google bot is set as a user Im guessing but I cant view its profile at all, and this is annoying me very much because reading the other posts about google bot, it is supposed to have a profile to check what it's seeing.

My final question is that I am the last poster to two of the three threads shown and on the main page, it says that the user "Xx_DiViNe_xX" is always the last reply to everythread.
HUH? WTF? You only have 2 members of that forum, so where is the 4 trillion reference coming from? And I couldn't find the error you're talking about? You do have most of the posts on that forum, but I could find one instance where your other member is the last poster (and is the only one who posted in the thread) http://smashrok.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1

Is this support thread a joke, or am I missing something??
Yea, but it doesnt show 4 trillion posts in ie though, its weird, im wondering if it's a firefox thing or what. Oh and is the number in parenthesis normal?
Quote:Our members have made a total of 4 posts in 3 threads.
We currently have 2 members registered.
All the counts seem correct to me...

The GoogleBot is not showing up as a member, it is basically a guest (as it is not signed in) which is why you cannot view its' profile.
rokimomi Wrote:Yea, but it doesnt show 4 trillion posts in ie though, its weird, im wondering if it's a firefox thing or what. Oh and is the number in parenthesis normal?
Numbers in brackets usually mean that you have some unapproved threads or posts within the forum.
Do you have 4 trillion unapproved posts/threads? =\
We should nominate this as the funniest thread ever.

Go ahead and use the "Recount & Rebuild" tools in the ACP. If the problem continues report back and tell us your plugins. Also reupload your files from a fresh download off of the MyBB site (Double check that you've replaced them)
Well no, I disabled the annoying approving thing before. They just appear in the count and when you click them, nothing shows up except the two posts there. They're basically empty space.
Well, there's definitely nothing in MyBB that can be causing this. I suspect someone is logging into your database via phpMyAdmin and screwing with the numbers I believe.
Hmm, a hack i guess, could it in anyway be a post that didnt make it through, because in that thread, the number of replies says 2, but in fact I am the only one who replied, and it still lists divine as a replier. Does this mean I have to reset the forum.

Edit: Where is recount/rebuild?

EDIT 2:

TEH ZOMG, it worked, recount/rebuild everything, and even the parenthasis fix them selves. Thanks Tikitiki. That was pretty weird regardless.
Just for future reference.

MySQL will show "4 million" and other large amounts when the thread/post count numbers become negative/blank in MyBB.

Some of the thread counters may have been wrong at the time.
I am getting this same thing on this web site http://www.asknoah.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10

However it IS also showing up in IE for me. Here is a screenshot...

[Image: mybb.gif]

Using the tools in the ACP this was corrected....

Is there a fix so that this does not occur?

The forums in question are pre-Moderated and quite often posts are either moved or deleted.
Pages: 1 2