MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Remove Password protection into forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have just installed myBB. Im creating the first forum and for some readon I dont know the system is requiring to use a Password to be able to access the recently created forum. I tried to unset this requierement. I can't find it. Can someone help me with this?
Is there a .htaccess file?
Where do i have to check for that file?

Ive found the htaccess.txt on the server. What do I have to check now?
Are you referring to a forum you created from the ACP? Just edit the forum and uncheck the box which asks if you want to protect the forum with a password.
Can you share your forum url ?
It is unclear what you mean.
Hello,

Similar to the OP, I have the same issue. If you try and access lets say the "The Conservative Coalition Embassy" forum it asks for a password to enter.

I have cleared the password from the forum in the ACP, resulting in the lock disappearing from the status image for the forum. Yet the password is still required and when I return to the ACP to edit the forum the password is once again filled out, despite deleting it and saving. Edit: I have also tried changing the password and that didn't work either.

I had run across a previous thread which said to edit forum table to remove the password.
https://community.mybb.com/thread-170402.html

However, I have no idea how to access the forums table in the database. My attempts to figure that out have not revealed any conclusive information. Can anyone direct me how to access the database?

Thank you!

My forum: http://the-cc-of-ns.net/index.php
Version: 1.8.10 upgraded from 1.8.7 which was a one click install from Bluehost/MOJO that I manually upgraded. Forum was not used prior to this install/update.
It sounds like your browser is autopopulating the field if you didn't originally intentionally set a password, but if you remove the value and save, it shouldn't still require it - try going to ACP > Tools & Maintenance > Cache Manager > rebuild the forums cache and see if that fixes it.
(2017-01-15, 03:39 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]It sounds like your browser is autopopulating the field if you didn't originally intentionally set a password, but if you remove the value and save, it shouldn't still require it - try going to ACP > Tools & Maintenance > Cache Manager > rebuild the forums cache and see if that fixes it.

Ah perfect that worked. Thank you very much!