MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MYPS (mybb point system) Released version 1.10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Neither of your examples are imho a per thread point addition.

The first you describe with the Jetta GTI thread is more of a "sale".

The second you describe is more of a "job salary".

Both of your examples require the admin to create the thread in order for the points to be assigned. I don't know..what you are asking is out of sorts.

If you want to have a "cost to read thread" that's going to be very complicated. Would be best as a seperate myps addon.

If you want a shop system you can use Ryan's Inventory Shop.

I can probably create a "jobs" myps addon when 1.4 is released. It will be easier since they will have tasks built into the software.

Hope that helps and thanks for clarifying.
If you plan on adding this by default, then please be sure to let me know, as I am also adding a Salary feature in the Inventory Shop 1.2. I need to know what will happen with this feature so I know how to do it for people using Shop + MYPS.
Sorry, I meant cost to post, not cost to view. I will check out Ryan's solution, but I am a little bit sceptical about it. ^^
Cost to post makes sense I guess. I wouldn't do that by default...it was need to be an addon.

Ryan- MYPS Jobs wouldn't be default. I would make it seperate. MYPS Core is going to stay clean and lean. It's built so that addons can be made for it. I prefer that so people don't have to have a bulky points system if they don't want it. Also makes it easier to debug and upgrade. Instead of having to upgrade a large plugin...myps is just a handful of files and has been relatively easy to upgrade with no loss of data.
labrocca Wrote:Ryan- MYPS Jobs wouldn't be default. I would make it seperate. MYPS Core is going to stay clean and lean. It's built so that addons can be made for it. I prefer that so people don't have to have a bulky points system if they don't want it. Also makes it easier to debug and upgrade. Instead of having to upgrade a large plugin...myps is just a handful of files and has been relatively easy to upgrade with no loss of data.

Ok, thanks for that information.
I just wonder, in the event when they want to use MYPS "jobs", at the same time they install inventory shop (at that time we assume Ryan has developed the 'salary' feature), would there be a conflict?
I don't see why there should. I have never experienced 2 plugins conflict with each other. I guess it's possible if they use the same hook ad have the same variable names or function names. But I have hooked 2 or 3 plugins to the same hook without problems myself.
when will more features for this be released?
There have been tons to be correct to this date. Sign up to LeX-'s Forum theres plenty of MYPS addons there

http://thingiej.be/mybb/
i thought labrocca made this... not LeX-? why aren't these features at MyBBcentral?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8