MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: web host move-reinstall of site/db backup-errors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
sooooo, apologies on the request here being rather odd, but I have a mybb installation that was a backup, if memory serves correct, of mybb 1.8.5(or .6) that had been running since 2012 via chainloaded master slave read/write databases, meaning a separate database to read and write from, and upon FINALLY getting the site domain working right and actually connecting to the new host, now upon getting things reimported database wise, I get this error when trying to load the site after setting up things correctly via the databases and the config file, and I have no idea why this isnt working, did maybe something change in the databases between those versions and the latest version making it to where those databases wont auto work with the lastest version of mybb - meaning, do I need to install an older version of mybb and then run the merge system to fix this?? I just need to know why its not working and how I can fix this.

error in question linked in a onedrive screenshot.

<SNIP - link contains sensitive information>
Your link was removed due to showcasing sensitive information.
awesome, thats NOT what that link was supposed to be, thank you for that, thats just freaking awesome, way to go microsoft, once again x.x

try this again NOT using a onedrive link to prevent that possible screw up my microsoft again x.x

[attachment=37101]
(2016-09-03, 09:32 PM)Flora Legacy Wrote: [ -> ]try this again NOT using a onedrive link to prevent that possible screw up my microsoft again x.x

Just double check your configs, because if you were on 1.8.x it should be working fine and shouldn't show that error anyway. That error is a connection error, meaning that it can't connect to your database. With that in mind, I would guess that it is most likely your hostname / IP for your database config that is wrong.

hope this helps.