MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Apple releases Safari for Windows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
woot! I am using it to post this post over here!

and...

about the performance, is it really true? Is Opera really that bad?
I thought Opera was at least faster than IE7?
No he is saying Opera is the best..and I agree with him.
My Pint of View:
Firesox Firefox > Opera > IE7 > * > Safari. Toungue
Thaugh I wonder why isn't "Safari" named as "iSafar" like all the other Apple products... *-)

~Gjs1992
labrocca Wrote:No he is saying Opera is the best..and I agree with him.

Actually I was quoting Apple.com/safari where it said Safari was superior. In fact, I tried to import my bookmarks and it crashed Rolleyes
Yeah labrocca, and the rising popularity of those whiz bang phones that allows you to browse the Internet, soon we'll all have to ensure websites are compatible with phones.

From what I read about Safari? there isn't much difference however Safari's text looked darker and blurrier than the same text in Firefox and Internet Explorer. I think Firefox has a cleaner rendering.

The Safari isn't the greatest for adding plugins but that may change soon and there isn't Active X because they say without it it's more secure and less likely to get spyware. The biggest downer is the "Flawed Installer" doesn't install or uninstall clean.

I like most of the features Safari has, the actual interface is really nice, the re-sizing of text fields and windows, the RSS, Inline Search, Lock-Security Feature, Privacy and included Pop-Up Blocker are all very nice features.

For now I'm staying with IE and Firefox as they both have worked well for me and of course with the way I have the settings configured I have no complaints. And you know, if you reduce the amount of addons, stop unnecessary apps running, the browsers will actually function a hell of a lot better.

All that gloom and doom you read about with both EI and Firefox makes me laugh LOL!! Just yesterday I read somewhere on a website the owner plastered a message saying, "Why do people like Firefox? Firefox is CRAP!! The darn thing isn't as secure as people think it is, Firefox is garbage!! LOL!!

Safari? yeah it's pretty good, looks cool, I give it a 8/10 (minus 2 for the install/uninstall) which I'm sure Mackie will improve on in the near future Smile

-
H4x0rX Wrote:My Pint of View:
Firesox Firefox > Opera > IE7 > * > Safari. Toungue
Thaugh I wonder why isn't "Safari" named as "iSafar" like all the other Apple products... *-)

~Gjs1992

Oh, yea, I'm going to name my product iSafar!! WTF? That doesn't even make sense, George
What it does with all the fonts is terrible.. And its a memory tangerine too.
Ohh yeah, now that's the new big thing. Now fanboys gonna shout it out.. "Safari is the best" .. bah!! I don't trust Apple to create anything that fast, at least when it's working on windows Toungue .. But all that means to me is, no more complains about anything I created, not working in "Safari". Big Grin

Edit:

It cannot be my browser of choice. IE is better than this crap (no offense, my personal opinion)
1) Font and that anti-alias.. ewww. Not good enough even with settings.
2) (no big deal though) Memory usage... uhh, isn't that a bit too much for a start?
3) Rendering speed at first visit. It sucks! It sucks big time.. Even localhost took so long to open the first I visited. It also uses a rendering system similar to IE which is something I dislike.

Only thing I like about it is its RSS reader, but that's not a big thing either. Well I guess it will improve, but currently it's Firefox for me Big Grin ..
Nice i might try it out later.
This browser sux because:
1) No RTL or Hebrew support.
2) It load page SOOOOOOOOO SLOW!(It took like 1-2 mins for me to load MyBBoard.com site, and on FF it took 3 seconds or so...)
3) Bad looking.
Pages: 1 2 3