MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: plugins and mods
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This has probably already been suggested...

But i think it'd be much wiser to make it so that you have to do the skin/template edits manually when installing plugins/mods.

why?
Because If you deactivate a plugin, and reactivate it, it seems to not delete the inserted code and readds it again, so you end up with alot of duplicate items on your forums.

I know the auto process of adding it sounds easier, but its really not due to the problems it can cause.

It'd at least like to have an option that i can configure it to auto insert the codes into the templates, or me do it manually.
If it's not removed than this is a bug with the plugin. And it's also up to the author to implement options of doing the template modifications manually if they wish.
well thanks for that....
Yes plugins can add or remove template changes without problems but some plugin authors overlook or make mistakes in their code.
labrocca Wrote:Yes plugins can add or remove template changes without problems but some plugin authors overlook or make mistakes in their code.

Maybe all the mods and plugins should be tested and approved to meet this feature before being added to the official database. There is no way else to know really, and i believe its unsafe and dangerous since it can currupt your forums layout. Many people who don't know how to edit templates and things like that might experience even more trouble.

I just think that this would make it easier.
I don't have a problem with editing the templates, its just annoying to have to do it so much.

So right now it makes me not want to use any plugins, and that kinda makes mybb limited. (I still love it though) Toungue
The Grinch Wrote:
labrocca Wrote:Yes plugins can add or remove template changes without problems but some plugin authors overlook or make mistakes in their code.

Maybe all the mods and plugins should be tested and approved to meet this feature before being added to the official database. There is no way else to know really, and i believe its unsafe and dangerous since it can currupt your forums layout. Many people who don't know how to edit templates and things like that might experience even more trouble.

I just think that this would make it easier.
I don't have a problem with editing the templates, its just annoying to have to do it so much.

So right now it makes me not want to use any plugins, and that kinda makes mybb limited. (I still love it though) Toungue

You can easily revert those changes if they do cause problems. Checking and testing every single plugin will take too much time. Besides the fact that there will always be bugs.
What about stringent guidelines for plugins to get the mybb blessings?
Mods are used at your own risk. If you have a problem with a plugin then it's up to the author to fix it. To make the mods better please report these issues to the author.