MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Theme installation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
as suggested above,
in general, a theme pack consists of a folder with that theme name.
that folder contains images & other files required by the theme.
that folder needs to be uploaded to images folder of your MyBB files server.
i.e. folder with the theme name [with its contents] should be a sub-folder of images folder of MyBB files server.

more details => theme installation guidance
Can you post a link to the theme you are trying to install ?
(2016-09-04, 01:54 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]Can you post a link to the theme you are trying to install ?

https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=56

That's the Rush theme
the rush folder as it is in that package must sit under your images folder on your server.
(2016-09-04, 01:39 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]as suggested above,
in general, a theme pack consists of a folder with that theme name.
that folder contains images & other files required by the theme.
that folder needs to be uploaded to images folder of your MyBB files server.  
i.e. folder with the theme name [with its contents] should be a sub-folder of  images  folder of MyBB files server.

more details => theme installation guidance

Thanks for the clarification (and link; I couldn't find that)

Right. So "the folder" needs to be uploaded to the images directory?  Not the contents of the folder, but "the folder"....yes?  That is contrary to some previous advice...

Let's also take a look at some install instructions kindly given by the author of another theme (on the MYBB community site):

1.) After downloading the Theme unpack it (with 7-Zip for example)
2.) Upload the contents of "Upload" into your forums main directory.
3.) Go to the Admin Control Panel under Themes > Import
4.) Search for the XML File titled "Corporate-theme.xml" in the theme folder found on your computer and click the Button "Import Theme" this will upload the file from your computer to your forum.
5.) Now have fun with your forum!

Note stage 2 - upload to the main forums directory, not to the images directory.

You see the confusion - different instructions, different interpretations, uncertainty...

Looking at the 'structure' of some downloaded themes, they are completely different from each other, too!  The theme issue doesn't strike me as very 'sorted'...  Rolleyes
in general,
folder with theme name with all its contents (might have sub-folders & many files) should be a sub-folder of images folder
(2016-09-04, 02:02 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]the rush folder as it is in that package must sit under your images folder on your server.

Thanks, Ashley - appreciated.

But without your help I might as well have stuck my finger in the air.....
Pages: 1 2