MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How can I move the icons into a different cell?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There's a few more things that I haven't been able to figure out with Google, but they're all to do with the layout.

1. I want to change the text of the forum headers to match the text of the corresponding forum. Then I'll remove the title above it. Is it possible, or do all of the forum headers have to be the same?
[Image: ovQ4Nze.gif]

2. How can I move the icons to the other cell in the forum table? What info would you need to find the solution?
[Image: dd666a13c3a10b630d523d6fd7feb63c.png]

3. Finally, I want to move these icons to the nav bar, aligned to the right while keeping everything else aligned to the left. This one I know should be easy but any skills I once had are now pretty poor.
[Image: 5252bcf987a212dac53d2e0ffd809dc5.png]

I'll figure these out eventually but I'd appreciate some assistance anyway so I can move on.

Thank you.

Anyone? I know it looks rude to join and just start asking questions, but I'm getting back in to the forum business and am planning something big. I'll be here a lot and as I learn I'll be sharing knowledge as well.

I'm gonna figure these out now probably but anyone who can help speed it up would be greatly appreciated.
first question:  change the text of the forum headers

admin control panel >> templates & style >> templates >> your templates >> header templates >> header >>

<li id="nav-portal"><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/portal.php"><i style="font-size: 14px;" class="fa fa-home fa-fw"></i>Home</a></li>

for example: this is header of my forum
change Home in "Home</a></li>" to other word
(2016-09-05, 06:51 AM)ziuma Wrote: [ -> ]first question:  change the text of the forum headers

admin control panel >> templates & style >> templates >> your templates >> header templates >> header >>

<li id="nav-portal"><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/portal.php"><i style="font-size: 14px;" class="fa fa-home fa-fw"></i>Home</a></li>

for example: this is header of my forum
change Home in "Home</a></li>" to other word

Thanks, but that wouldn't work because I want the headers to match with the forum under it. With that solution they'd all say the same thing. I ended up just removing the headers completely.
what is your forum address?
(2016-09-06, 05:57 AM)ziuma Wrote: [ -> ]what is your forum address?

Sent it to you in a PM.