MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Deleting old threads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi

I need to free up some space on my server. Is there a way to delete some old threads on my forum but still keep the posters post count without sifting through and manually adding them?

Many thanks! Smile
Not without a modification.

Besides, this would break the synchronization of your users posts count to the total amount of posts in the forum.
oh well, worth a try, thanks anyway

do you have any other suggestion of freeing up some server space? The forum is the only thing on there and it's running real slow. The host claim it's not them.
I believe there's a "clear database" plugin which allows you to clean up some of MyBB's leftovers.
You can also purge the database of Admin and Moderator logs in the Admin CP ("Statistics and Logging"). I've found that it can knock off a few MB in some cases.
Many thanks for your help peeps! Smile
Thanks, I've installed the clear database and I'm getting errors when I try to activate it

Quote:Warning: fopen(./inc/settings.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/.sites/84/site170/web/inc/plugins/email_new_member.php on line 114

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/.sites/84/site170/web/inc/plugins/email_new_member.php on line 115

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/.sites/84/site170/web/inc/plugins/email_new_member.php on line 116

I've had an email from my server company and this is what they claimed

Quote:We have been investigating this issue and have found that the reason for the slow loading of pages on your website is due to the resources it is using on the shared server. We would suggest that a dedicated server would be more suitable for your website, details of such solutions can be found on the website of one of our sister companies called ServerChoice at http://www.serverchoice.com.

To me this sounds unreasonable, it's not like thousands visit my forum everyday I think they are just out for more money from me, what do you think?
Shared Server == "Many Users" == Shared Bandwidth ... If half of them use a lot of BW, you're stuck with the leftovers and that results in slow page-loading =P
Have you checked out the site your sharing with or who your sharing with?
Pages: 1 2