MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: having trouble changing my user name
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm having trouble changing my username. ( i'm sure i'v already made this thread 5 mins ago, sorry if it doubles but i can't see it in the boards)

There's no box to put the username in nad if i put my pass in and press update, it says enter you username.

[Image: nxMQvCG.png]
Could you post the contents of the usercp_changename template please?
Admin CP -> Templates & Style -> Templates -> *your theme's template set* -> User Control Panel Templates -> usercp_changename
(2016-09-06, 04:06 PM)JordanMussi Wrote: [ -> ]Could you post the contents of the usercp_changename template please?
Admin CP -> Templates & Style -> Templates -> *your theme's template set* -> User Control Panel Templates -> usercp_changename

thank you

<html>
<head>
<title>{$mybb->settings['bbname']} - {$lang->change_username}</title>
{$headerinclude}
</head>
<body>
{$header}
<form action="usercp.php" method="post">
<input type="hidden" name="my_post_key" value="{$mybb->post_code}" />
<table width="100%" border="0" align="center">
<tr>
{$usercpnav}
<td valign="top">
{$errors}
<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder">
<tr>
<td class="thead" colspan="2"><strong>{$lang->change_username}</strong></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="tcat" colspan="2"><strong class="clr_gry">{$lang->password_confirmation}</strong></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="trow1" width="40%"><strong>{$lang->current_password}</strong></td>
<td class="trow1" width="60%"><input type="password" class="textbox" name="password" size="25" /></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="tcat" colspan="2"><strong class="clr_gry">{$lang->change_username}</strong></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="trow2" width="40%"><strong>{$lang->new_username}</strong></td>
<td class="trow2" width="60%"><input type="text" class="textbox" name="username" size="25" maxlength="{$mybb->settings['maxnamelength']}" /></td>
</tr>
</table>
<br />
<div align="center">
<input type="hidden" name="action" value="do_changename" />
<input type="submit" class="button" name="submit" value="{$lang->update_username}" />
</div>
</td>
</tr>
</table>
</form>
{$footer}
</body>
</html>
That seems ok. Can you double check that is the active theme? Do you have other themes installed?
(2016-09-06, 05:53 PM)JordanMussi Wrote: [ -> ]That seems ok. Can you double check that is the active theme? Do you have other themes installed?
Yea it's worked on default theme, so i'v changed it from there and switched back.

It doesn't matter about fixing it for this theme, i'd rather members not be able to anyways.

Thank you i'm good here then Smile
If you don't want members to change their username you can turn off their ability to by unchecking:
Admin CP -> Users & Groups -> Groups -> Registered -> Users and Permissions -> Can change username?
o ok, i thought they might have been an option.

ok thank you Smile