MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What directory to put plugins in
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In my ftp, which directory do i upload  the plugins to pls ?

I'v tried inc/plugins   but it's not gone to my forum when i pressed install.

thank you.
which plugins actually you have tried ?

please see Installing Plugins guidance & this reply

basically plugin files are to be added to inc/plugins folder of MyBB files server.
if plugin consists of single php file then that is the simple method. but plugin might
consist of several files. in that case we have to follow folder structure of plugin pack.
this can be confusing at sometimes as plugin coders may not follow unified method to
pack their plugin files. readme file if exists with plugin can consist of the instructions

if plugin files are located in a folder named Upload then its contents should be transferred
by following folder structure
. that Upload folder itself should not be transferred.

youtube has some useful videos related to MyBB plugins installation
(you can search for MyBB plugins installation)
i'm trying all i can with this, but it's just getting me or i'm not getting it.

I don't want to upload or install anything else because i don't know where they all and i might be messing this up in the directory bit.

So i'm going to leave this, hopefully my friend who helped me can install them, or show me how.

i don't want to mess all my ftp thingy up thats all, so i'm going to leave it.

thanks for the help anyways.

i'll give it onc last try, but can someone tell me which plugin has the single php one is pls ? for the simple method.

I'v uploaded some i thought was the simple ones, but they seem to have more files with them.
Plugins usually come with a readme telling you where to put files if there's more than 1, but there will always be a file that goes in ./inc/plugins
It depends on which plugin you install. Some are a single file in which could either have to go into your root directory, or even /inc/plugins directory. Some plugins have numerous directories and files that have to be copied over to numerous places. Most of the time plugins are zipped files, which after unzipping consist of directories. These directories themselves indicate where they should go on the server. So if the directory is /inc/plugin/, then put those files in inc/plugin/. If the directory is /inc/languages/english/, then put those files in /inc/languages/english/. And so on and so forth. Sometimes they will have a readme that describes this as well.
Ok i get this, so i'm going to try this one but i can't find the readme thing you mentioned.

https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=259

does this one All go in /inc/plugin/ in my ftp ?
(2016-09-09, 07:31 PM)joey1 Wrote: [ -> ]Ok i get this, so i'm going to try this one but i can't find the readme thing you mentioned.

https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=259

does this one All go in /inc/plugin/ in my ftp ?

Not everything goes to the plugins directory.

[Image: jpdlrr.png]

inc folder -> drop it in ROOT
gallery folder -> drop it in ROOT, same thing
ezgallery -> drop it in ROOT, yet again, same thing

PM me and I will help you out.