MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Question...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Does anyone know how to get the forum statistics and the latest threads on the left side... Something like this site

Thanks!
That would take the side box mod, which puts them on the right side...but I'm sure you can edit it to put the box on the left!

http://mods.mybboard.net/view.php?did=529
Thanks judel! I looked through the sideboxes.php and couldnt find anything that put them on the right, can anyone help?
Hmmm...Well, I have never used this mod, but maybe you can try the following. In sideboxes.php find:

find_replace_templatesets("index", '#'.preg_quote('{$forums}').'#', '<table width="100%"  border="0">
  <tr>
    <td width="75%" valign="top">{$forums}</td>
    <td width="25%" valign="top">{$sb_welcome}{$sb_search}{$sb_stats}{$sb_latestthreads}{$sb_additional}</td>
  </tr>
</table>');

and replace with:

find_replace_templatesets("index", '#'.preg_quote('{$forums}').'#', '<table width="100%"  border="0">
  <tr>
    <td width="25%" valign="top">{$sb_welcome}{$sb_search}{$sb_stats}{$sb_latestthreads}{$sb_additional}</td>
    <td width="75%" valign="top">{$forums}</td>
  </tr>
</table>');
I really messed it up now... I added that code and activated it and I got this www.superentertain.com/forums .
Could I run the upgrade script again, it seems to be something with the database thats casuing this problem...
No, don't run the upgrade script again. Just deactivate the plugin! Though I don't see that it's totally messed up. Your forum is on the right side, but the side box isn't there. Did you go into ACP -> Board settings -> Change and make sure they are turned on?

I'll go ahead and test this on my test forum and see what I get!
I added the code you gave me and it fixed it, so I deactivated it to add something else to it, and that was when it messed up. Now I can't change it back. But I don't want the mod anymore since you cant edit the code.
Yeah, sorry! I didn't notice the part of the deactivate that would get it right! But what do you mean you can't edit the code?

I'll work on fixing it and get back to you!

edit: Ok, I found a way to get your forum back to normal. Go into ACP and edit your Index template. You'll see the table html surrounding {forums} If you only deactivated it once, there should only be one set, so it will look something like this:

<table width="100%"  border="0">
  <tr>
<td width="75%" valign="top"><table width="100%"  border="0">
  <tr>
{forums}
</tr>
</table>
Delete everything within the <table></table> tags EXCEPT the {forums} and then save template. Your forum should look normal again. I did fix the sideboxes.php file, in case you decide you do want to use it after you get everything back to normal! Sorry again about the oversight!
It worked, thanks again! I might be using it again sometime soon, now that I know how to fix it Big Grin
Pages: 1 2