MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Please Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi... This is my first time running a forum on my own. In fact, I practically feel like a novice, but I decided to take on the challenge by purchasin this software.

Anyhow... I tried installing flash-chat last night. All went perfectly, until when it was time for me to view the boards.

Quote:Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /mounted-storage/home54a/sub001/sc36048-CSYT/www/inc/languages/english/global.lang.php:1) in /mounted-storage/home54a/sub001/sc36048-CSYT/www/showthread.php on line 126

I knew the only things that had to be changed was the header details, and global.lang.php file which is in inc/languages/english/

I kept a copy of the global.lang.php and when I decided to revert to the previous method by reuploading the orginal file nothing chaged.

In fact,

Quote:Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /mounted-storage/home54a/sub001/sc36048-CSYT/www/inc/languages/english/global.lang.php:1) in /mounted-storage/home54a/sub001/sc36048-CSYT/www/inc/functions.php on line 1118

This shows up, and worse of all no one can log out of the website.

Please do help me. I am utterly new, and just learning how to run a website. I lossed loads of sleep tryingn to recitfy the matter, and am currently under loads of stress, as I got a large membership, and loads of new threads since my last backup(which is also my first which I only did yesterday morning)

Please do help me.... Pleaseeeee. SadSadSadSadSad
Can you try reuploading a new copy of inc/languages/english/global.lang.php from the MyBB 1.2.7 download and see if it works?

Also if you were trying to edit the global.lang.php file for some reason (modification, etc) try using an editor other than Notepad.
I tried that.. but it's not helping, am getting the same error message as before... And yes.. that is exactly what I did. I had used notepad to modify global.lang.php
Did you delete the existing file before you uploaded the copy from the 1.2.7 zip? If not, please do. And when you edit the file, please use Wordpad, Crimson Editor, or another text editor.
lol @ "purchasin this software" xD

The problem might be a chmod error or a conflict error between myBB and flash-chat
OMG.. Thanx sooooooooooooooo very much... You dont know how much I appreciate it mate..... I'm in tears right bout now.... Thanx
Arcane_Penguin Wrote:lol @ "purchasin this software" xD

The problem might be a chmod error or a conflict error between myBB and flash-chat
lol... thanx for pointing out the purchasing part... Was so flustered, i guess I typed the wrong thing
Glad it's working out Smile