MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: error when trying to edit templates ..!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey every body here ..

Hop you are fine ..

I was trying to edit a template to install a plugin .. and there is an error that appears for me and I cannot edit the templates.

The errors is :
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /board/admin/templates.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. 

So .. can any one help me with that .. ?
Hi,

It seems like the file was not uploaded. Are you using 1.2.7? If so, download the full package, and go to uploads/admin/ and upload templates.php to the /board/admin/ on your server.

Hope this helps. Smile

Edit: tiki beat me Toungue
TikiTiki Big Grin
Thanks for your help ...

put I cannot edit this .. as I donou where to add the code referred in that thread ..

is there is any other suggestions ?
Medorasho Wrote:TikiTiki Big Grin
Thanks for your help ...

put I cannot edit this .. as I donou where to add the code referred in that thread ..

is there is any other suggestions ?

It is added to the .htaccess file, if you don't have one, create a new file named .htaccess and put:
SecFilterEngine Off
into it and upload the file to your site using ftp.
where can I found that file ?

and I cannot creat one as I cannot rename it and put in the name [ . ] ??
Medorasho Wrote:where can I found that file ?

If you already have one, it should be shown with all the other files in the ftp as .htaccess.

Quote:and I cannot creat one as I cannot rename it and put in the name [ . ] ??

Microsoft Windows can't handle .htaccess, the file name will be empty, but once you upload it to your site using ftp, it will work correctly.

So open a editor such as notepad and put in it SecFilterEngine Off and save it as .htaccess, once saved the file name will be empty, but upload it to your site's MyBB directory using ftp and it should work fine.
umm

when I treid to do so .. the windows have refused doing so .. and I cannot edit it

is there is ny ither suggestions ?
On your computer just name it htaccess.txt. Upload it to your webserver via FTP, and with your FTP client, rename it to .htaccess (your FTP client should allow you to do that)
actually windows can handle it, you just gotta do it correctly. Open up a new document in notepad, copy "SecFilterEngine Off" into it, go to file -> save as, and put ".htaccess" WITH QUOTES and save it to your desktop. you can then drag and drop into FTP.
Pages: 1 2