MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Reputation take from x and add to y
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, is there any way to change the reputation system when you give someone's reputation, drop from his reputation.
Example: 

Quote:[pozitive]
user1 has 15 rep points
user2 has 0 rep points
user1 give 5 rep to user2
now user1 has 10 rep points
and user2 has 5 rep points

[negative]

user1 has 15 rep points
user2 has 0 rep points
user1 give -5 rep to user2
now user1 has 10 rep points
and user2 has -5 rep points
I don't understand...
(2016-09-07, 05:46 PM)Sazze Wrote: [ -> ]I don't understand...

You give me -2 reputation, and now i have -2 reputation and you have 40 (42-2=40) Smile
No, there's no way, you will have to code that change.
(2016-09-07, 06:05 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]No, there's no way, you will have to code that change.

How i can modify ? Any idea ?
(2016-09-07, 10:52 PM)spin Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-09-07, 06:05 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]No, there's no way, you will have to code that change.

I requested that  months ago ( https://community.mybb.com/thread-186124.html )
No solutions yet.
(2016-09-08, 04:15 AM)Vanz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-09-07, 10:52 PM)spin Wrote: [ -> ]

I requested that  months ago ( https://community.mybb.com/thread-186124.html )
No solutions yet.

And there is a poll open ? If not, let's open. Can be implement in the next version
If people drop reputation from self by giving to others then there has to be huge reputation holder person available at the beginning of the forum start who will then distribute reputations to all members for them to spent by giving each other; otherwise there will be no source of reputation. If you spend you have to earn first.

Sounds very much baseless to be directly contradicting the word 'reputation' itself. Your idea will convert the system and idea behind it to more like a local forum currency!!!

And what about the reasons? Someone gave me a reputation for the fact I have helped him someway. Now I 'transfer' the reputation to you : it will carry the reason: you have never helped that person!!!
(2016-09-08, 09:26 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]If people drop reputation from self by giving to others then there has to be huge reputation holder person available at the beginning of the forum start who will then distribute reputations to all members for them to spent by giving each other; otherwise there will be no source of reputation. If you spend you have to earn first.

Sounds very much baseless to be directly contradicting the word 'reputation' itself. Your idea will convert the system and idea behind it to more like a local forum currency!!!

And what about the reasons? Someone gave me a reputation for the fact I have helped him someway. Now I 'transfer' the reputation to you : it will carry the reason: you have never helped that person!!!

Yes, some sort of currency. It would help at forum development for other projects, and to give reputation the same user you should spread it around.
I think what you're after is something like newPoints, you earn points for posting and I believe you can transfer them.
Pages: 1 2