MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Requesting help for community forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I wish to set up a free forum for the community of apartment owners where I live, to share experiences and advice on matters such as maintenance and services.
I have tried to find and load up suitable software and themes, but my sight is not so good now and I am finding it all very tiring. So I thought someone here might help.
To get some idea, the website that I have begun to put together is at CQowner.wordpress.com. This is not the final site, just an early experiment.
What I need is the frontpage similar to that shown, with a forum that is simple and professional and easy for me to maintain. All pages will need to be responsive as most members will be using their phones.
Members will need to log in to read and post items
Registration details are email, surname and apartment number and their password. Nothing else. Username could be apartment + username, eg 351higham. No need for secret alias names. Once I have checked that they are valid owners I will approve the registration.
I therefore need  help to identify and load up some free software with no ads & themes that will do this. We will not want smileys, avatars etc. If there is a demo or example, that would be great.
I will purchase the domain name with free hosting first.
Does this seem viable or is it too complicated? If you can help, please let me know if there any costs other than the domain
Many thanks
Message me here . I can help with it .
one advice
free hosting almost always comes with ads
(2016-09-08, 10:18 AM)WorldClassic Wrote: [ -> ]Message me here .   I can help with it .

Hi. You asked me to message you here?
Thanks
(2016-09-08, 11:01 AM)only63 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-09-08, 10:18 AM)WorldClassic Wrote: [ -> ]Message me here .   I can help with it .

Hi. You asked me to message you here?
Thanks

Yes, he means PM him, not post a reply to the thread. Click the PM button under his post Smile