MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New Post Cookies....Aaaarrggh! Driving me crazy!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My users are all complaining that read posts are showing unread, until they've read them several times.

I've got to say...I'm finding it annoying too.

The cookies are set the way they should be according to your WIKI.

What do I do?

Forum Here
Can you go to Admin CP --> Settings --> Server & Optimization Options and set "Send No Cache Headers" to "Yes".

See if that makes a difference.
This is something that's been a problem with mybb for as long as I have used it. I have no-cache headers enabled on all my sites too. When you read a thread...it's not marked as read for whatever reason. Eventually I hope this is fixed. You get used to it but it's a problem for new members that don't understand that it's broken. It makes the site look amateurish imho.

DennisTT...are you saying you guys aren't aware that this is a problem?

This is an issue on the index page. The on and off images don't change even if you read all the threads in that forum.
Changed it...

Still same problem.

Please tell me that this isn't a bug Sad
They are aware of it and I believe they are working on a fix for it. It probs won't be released with 1.4 though.
As stated several times before this has been fixed for MyBB 1.4
It only seems to mark them read if you:
Read the thread. Then click on the threads parent forum. THEN go back to the Index.

It's just a quirk which has existed so long that most people know about it. Glad to hear it's fixed.
Okay, thank you.

I do try and read up....but this is a big forum.
Tikitiki Wrote:As stated several times before this has been fixed for MyBB 1.4
Cool. Even better than I thought Toungue
After all, it isn't that important for me, never heard somebody complaining about it.