MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Completely private forum system
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all.

I hope someone can shed some light for me. 

I need my MyBB installation to be completely private. Meaning if ANYONE comes to the forum and is NOT logged in they are ONLY presented with a login form. I have tried setting my 'Guest' account permissions completely off meaning that only logged in users can read the forums but this isn't what I'm looking for.

What I need is for the forum system to determine if the visitor is logged in and if the visitor is NOT logged in then the visitor is ONLY shown a login form similar to logging in to the admin of a WordPress installation.

Is there such a plugin for MyBB?

Thank you!
No need for a plugin, MyBB has this as a default option, head to:

Board Settings > Login and Registration Options, set Force Users to Login to yes.
Go to ACP and uncheck the 'Can View Board' option from the Guest group under 'Users And Groups' section.
(2016-09-08, 06:54 AM)NickGHQ Wrote: [ -> ]No need for a plugin, MyBB has this as a default option, head to:

Board Settings > Login and Registration Options, set Force Users to Login to yes.

Thanks. I looked and didn't see that.

The page that is shown, shows a lot more than I was hoping so I'm gonna have to go in and modify the template to suit my needs.

Thanks for your help. That was (almost) exactly what I wanted. Once I take away everything but the username and password fields and the submit button, it'll be perfect.

(2016-09-08, 07:29 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]Go to ACP and uncheck the 'Can View Board' option from the Guest group under 'Users And Groups' section.

Thanks for replying. I did that and it wasn't what I was looking for. What I was looking for was the option "Force Users to log in" under board settings.

Thanks!