MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Reputation notification
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey MyBB's!

I have been browsing the forum in the threads containing 'reputation', but have not been able to find a way to know if users can be notified when they are given a reputation.

An SOB appeared a couple of days ago (for the time being, I have banned him not to loose his IP, is that ok?) and put negative (highly aggresive) comments to some of the members in my forum. He also sent me an insulting mail SadSadSad The thing is that if you are not notified you may have these misfits leaving awful comments and harming you (my forum is for translators). Also, some colleagues say they want to 'thank' those who give them good reputations.

Is this possible? I don't see the option in the CP menu.

Thanks!

Smile Au
Well on the MyBB 1.2.x reputation system you can see who left you a good reputation, so just tell your users to leave a positive reputation or a private message thanking them.
Hey Dennis!

I guess I was not clear. What I need to know is if there is a possibility of being notified by the system that you have been given a reputation.

As I see it, it is not possible. Mine being a site for professionals, a negative reputation can really damage somebody's image. And I am not talking about fair negative reputations, but from people who just sign in, do harm and leave. We have already had such a visitor who left political messages ("communist mother f...r") on several profiles.

My colleagues did not realize but some days later. I deleted the reputations, but they were not 'happy' with the fact that they had this on their own profiles, where most of them offer as linguists, tech-savvy, higlhy academic translators and bla bla bla

I hope I have made myself clear now.

CP offers several notifications (private mails, etc). Can the reputation been informed to the person receiving it as soon as it is entered by whoever?

Thanks!

Au
That isn't possible by default. You may need a Code Modification.
destroyer Wrote:That isn't possible by default. You may need a Code Modification.

Thank you! I will investigate to see what that means and if I can handle it!

Cheers,
Au
That only means that you have to make a request to a MyBB modder to make a plugin / code modification for you. Smile
I've made something that sends a PM to the user when he/she gets a new reputation-'vote'. Its under validation on the http://mods.mybboard.net/ site, so should be visible soon for download.