MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Slack Notifications
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a small community who uses Slack regularly, but we miss some of the static aspects of a forum.  Thinking Mybb might be a great choice.  What I am looking to do is have a message or notification post to a Slack channel whenever there is a new post on the forums.  Possibly with some info, such as the post title, and maybe the poster.  

Is this possible or does a plugin exist already?  

Thanks!
You can use an RSS integration with slack and use myBB's RSS feed to accomplish this.
(2016-09-09, 11:59 AM)jshort Wrote: [ -> ]You can use an RSS integration with slack and use myBB's RSS feed to accomplish this.

Thanks.  I have tried this and its probably something simple, but so far it says it will pull the feed but nothing happens.  I tried the RSS app and Fox RSS for Slack.  In both cases I clicked on the forum RSS Syndication, generated a link, and added the link to the Slack App.  It acted as if it is going to work, but nothing happens when any new posts are posted.

Any ideas?
Not sure then. It worked fine for me, although does myBB's RSS feed do new posts or just new topics?
Actualy I figured out the issue.. the forum I was testing in was a private forum. I guess there is no way to generate an rss link to a private forum that works? Public forum works fine, only on posts but not on replies.
(2016-09-11, 04:37 PM)elthznd901 Wrote: [ -> ]Actualy I figured out the issue.. the forum I was testing in was a private forum.  I guess there is no way to generate an rss link to a private forum that works?  Public forum works fine, only on posts but not on replies.

Whatever is fetching the RSS, it wouldn't be able to authenticate into MyBB properly first.

Probably the best solution would be to use a plugin that would hook into the post datahandler and send data to Slack using their webhook integration: https://api.slack.com/incoming-webhooks#...g_messages