MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [SOLVED] Forum suddenly shows forbidden
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I checked the forum today and all i get is forbidden from the server. What could cause this?

Nevermind. I guess it was an apache error.
looks like it is resolved .. if so, what was the actual problem ?
I was trying to get WSGI and Flask (Python) working on the server and i was changing the apache config files to add WSGI and Flask directives. After not getting it to work, i tried numerous methods that i found online to try to get it to work. Unsuccessful...I went back to the forum and discovered it was forbidden. At that time, i dint think it was me changing the directives for WSGI and Flask. I didnt think it was anything related. 

I undid everything to try to get the forums back up. But the lone problem was i deleted the Flask.conf from sites-enabled and reloaded apache without disabling it. Which i guess messed up apache. Checking the error logs when reloading apache, described that there was a missing flask.conf. I reinstated it, disabled it, then deleted it again, reloaded apache...and the forums came back up.

I guess i should be more cautious when monkey-ing with things on the same server as the forums. I might get a second server to mess around in.