MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: fit forum inside website design?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I just got my website and I would like to know if someone that does mybb design if it's hard to make the forums look like the main website colors. I also would like to know if the forums can be made small enough so they fit inside the website. I have seen this in some clan forums.

Any help is appreciated.

http://www.voiceservers.co/

Thank YOU!
Hello,

Can someone that makes mybb themes tell me if it's hard for someone like me make the forums look like the homepage of my website and also fit it into the website like some clan websites that I have seen. I like doing things with trial and error ex. I would change an image if it does not look right then I would put the original image.

http://www.voiceservers.co/

Thank YOU!
NO, its pretty easy if you know a bit of mybb and html and css.
I'm sorry about the double post.

Thank you for the reply RAEES,

Can you tell me how I can copy the default template without damaging the default template. I want to play around changing the colors by copying colors to see what comes out.
You can duplicate the theme from the Templates & Style tab, click the Options button next to the Default theme and then click on "Duplicate Theme". Changes to the duplicated theme's templates and CSS won't be carried over to the default theme.
(2016-09-09, 08:11 AM)Julio Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sorry about the double post.

Thank you for the reply RAEES,

Can you tell me how I can copy the default template without damaging the default template. I want to play around changing the colors by copying colors to see what comes out.

I actually suggest you give the Developer Tools module a try. It is available in both Chrome and Firefox and could save you a lot of time. It comes with a color picker and you can preview the changes live, without having to save the code. This is on top of Nick's suggestion, which will keep you safe from messing up your existing design.
Thank you both!

Sentoweb, I'll check it out.