MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Hide Private Messages (Admins and Moderators Only)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Having a way of only hiding private messages from admins and moderators only, we have a feature for users to hide it from them...but not admins or anything else like that...they could be in a separate group or something and have the same privileges as members in a way, like moderators and such...

I know it would be a bad feature for admins cause in a case of the site going down or something they won't be able to send that user a message about the downtime and whatnot...
Sorry, I don't understand the feature you're describing. Are you saying there should be a way for the user to block PMs from mods and admins? Why?
I'm saying, when a user doesn't get along with admins or mods and they either harass the user about something they would want to block/hide the feature from them so they can feel safe.
That's a social problem, not a technical one. Even if such a feature existed the admin could just disable it (and it would be disabled by default anyway). You can simply choose to not read their PMs. If you don't like the people who run the forum then the best choice you can make is to leave.
(2016-09-10, 12:59 PM)NathanĀ Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]That's a social problem, not a technical one. Even if such a feature existed the admin could just disable it (and it would be disabled by default anyway). You can simply choose to not read their PMs. If you don't like the people who run the forum then the best choice you can make is to leave.

True, I thought it was a good idea for a feature in some ways.
The issue with this is that the administrator would still be able to view your PM's from SQL.