MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Fast Register [Buying]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm looking to buy (if something similar doesn't already exist) a plugin for lightning fast registration. All I want the user to be prompted with is:

Nickname: 
Password:
Confirm Password:
Security Question: (link to the existing plugin or if that causes more complication just make one security question, type 'register' make it non-case sensitive) 

With email and everything else to be something that can be added later, I don't want them to have to read through any T&C's and I want sign up to pop-up instantly on click so they don't ever have to go a registration page.

I need it to be compatible with a referral link system so it still picks up that the user referred them but no option for the user to change the referrer whilst registering.
Just edit the register template and set all the fields you don't want to show as style="display:none". You don't need a plugin for something that can easily be done on a front-end level  Wink
(2016-09-09, 05:20 PM)Sharree Wrote: [ -> ]Just edit the register template and set all the fields you don't want to show as style="display:none". You don't need a plugin for something that can easily be done on a front-end level  Wink

Nope, since it will still require the user to fill in fields that doesn't "exist" hence the "display: none;".
Yeah it would just throw up an error.
(2016-09-09, 07:42 PM)StevenF50 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah it would just throw up an error.

Exactly, which is why
  • a core edit is required
  • or a new registration page
You can still edit templates without editing the core and achieve this. Don't set "display: none" on inputs, otherwise you'll get errors; instead, change them to hidden type inputs with default values. This will bypass MyBB checks while still being capable to register normally. I have achieved something similar on http://www.mybboost.com, where you can register directly filling a few inputs.
(2016-09-09, 09:43 PM)Shade Wrote: [ -> ]You can still edit templates without editing the core and achieve this. Don't set "display: none" on inputs, otherwise you'll get errors; instead, change them to hidden type inputs with default values. This will bypass MyBB checks while still being capable to register normally. I have achieved something similar on http://www.mybboost.com, where you can register directly filling a few inputs.

I did try this but I still get the same error, I tried it for the confirm email option, The textfield is ofc hidden but the error persists.
(2016-09-12, 10:17 PM)Freakout14 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-09-09, 09:43 PM)Shade Wrote: [ -> ]You can still edit templates without editing the core and achieve this. Don't set "display: none" on inputs, otherwise you'll get errors; instead, change them to hidden type inputs with default values. This will bypass MyBB checks while still being capable to register normally. I have achieved something similar on http://www.mybboost.com, where you can register directly filling a few inputs.

I did try this but I still get the same error, I tried it for the confirm email option, The textfield is ofc hidden but the error persists.

The error shouldn't persist if the inputs have set values.