MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Icons and smilies don't show up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: ef0oCDV.png]

This is what happens on a brand new installation of myBB 1.8.7.

The screenshot is from the New post page.

The forum is a closed community and you need manual verification to register, so I'd rather not share the URL. If you guys have any doubts, I'll PM it to you. Here is the footer for proof.

I have done the chmods that the install page recommended. Every other image works, even avatars and such. What could be wrong?
Then you will need to PM the staff who reply here with your link. We cannot offer support without first verifying if you are a legitimate user of mybb sw
Please PM me a demo login and I can take a look. It is hard to investigate without checking the network logs for your site.
(2016-09-09, 09:38 PM)rafaeldamasceno Wrote: [ -> ][Image: ef0oCDV.png]

This is what happens on a brand new installation of myBB 1.8.7.

The screenshot is from the New post page.

The forum is a closed community and you need manual verification to register, so I'd rather not share the URL. If you guys have any doubts, I'll PM it to you. Here is the footer for proof.

I have done the chmods that the install page recommended. Every other image works, even avatars and such. What could be wrong?

You haven't change the directory of the forum, have you? If so, go in the admin control panel with the default theme and look at the images/ you will be able to change it from there.
(2016-09-10, 09:13 AM)izakgewdrick Wrote: [ -> ]Then you will need to PM the staff who reply here with your link. We cannot offer support without first verifying if you are a legitimate user of mybb sw

Do you happen to know any staff in particular that I should PM?

(2016-09-10, 11:31 AM)SentoWeb Wrote: [ -> ]Please PM me a demo login and I can take a look. It is hard to investigate without checking the network logs for your site.

PM sent. I misread what you said about wanting a demo login. I just sent you the forum URL. Here's the network log. I have noticed that the files have wrong extensions, now that I use proper hosting that doesn't redirect on 404. The page tries to fetch .gifs but the actual icons and smileys are .png. Where do I change this?

(2016-09-10, 06:14 PM)Phillip. Wrote: [ -> ]You haven't change the directory of the forum, have you? If so, go in the admin control panel with the default theme and look at the images/ you will be able to change it from there.

I haven't.

I've managed to solve this. The icons and smileys had wrong extensions listed in the database, for some reason (maybe the original installer messed it up, it was an automatic one).

In any case, I've managed to fix it running these queries:

UPDATE mybb_smilies SET image=REPLACE(image, '.gif', '.png'),
UPDATE mybb_icons SET path=REPLACE(path, '.gif', '.png');

Thanks for all your help, nonetheless.
Well we are glad you figured it out. Although please give ashely1 the postive rep for this thread and mark it as solved.