MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need Opinions.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi guys, I need your opinion on this theme before I release it to the public or on my site.

Compare this theme with the Grestul theme I released. I need opinions on the upper bar where the logo is at.
[CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE]
THEME IN PROGRESS:
[attachment=6550]
GRESTUL THEME:
[attachment=6551]
Kind Regards.
Second is little better. You have big free space on top of the page - you can give there"small" advert or "quick log on". This free place in first theme look not nice, generally idea is good, i like this, but you must put something there.

in second you have icon with keys for "Rules"... keys is not intuitive in this place - keys usually are used for login.

Both themes have too dark title "Forum directory" and Captions in table ("Forum","Threads"... )
Try change this color from #062b45 to something light. For help look here: Colors bySaturation

You have big dark margins, i think is better if you change #container width. Or make different color for margins - is really to dark or change this color Smile

You can change hight of header for "The Newegg.com..." or put small icon on left side - e.g. confirmation icon.

Header for table are nice
in first theme put "Rules" and "Search"close to right margin.
Remember, color is like divider, you must adjust this text to rest of content (sorry for my english)
Thanks for your opinion... I will do the necessary changes.
patrick_2007 Wrote:Second is little better. You have big free space on top of the page - you can give there"small" advert or "quick log on". This free place in first theme look not nice, generally idea is good, i like this, but you must put something there.

in second you have icon with keys for "Rules"... keys is not intuitive in this place - keys usually are used for login.

Both themes have too dark title "Forum directory" and Captions in table ("Forum","Threads"... )
Try change this color from #062b45 to something light. For help look here: Colors bySaturation

You have big dark margins, i think is better if you change #container width. Or make different color for margins - is really to dark or change this color Smile

You can change hight of header for "The Newegg.com..." or put small icon on left side - e.g. confirmation icon.

Header for table are nice

The newegg.com box was designed that way. I have made the height that way for a purpose. I also made the newegg.com box auto height for easy text adding without worrying about height adjustments.
Anyway Here is a new pic with a few adjustments to the first theme.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=49]
rcpalace Wrote:I have made the height that way for a purpose. I also made the newegg.com box auto height for easy text adding without worrying about height adjustments.
You can change padding-top and padding-bottom. If i good remember there is default padding so you can override this. If you dont know what is padding: is a space between edge and content. You can give here 4px or in percentage, but size in px is better - try it Smile

Quote:Anyway Here is a new pic with a few adjustments to the first theme.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=49]
I can't see this. I have no permission to your forum
Oh sorry here it is.
[attachment=6555]

Anyway I do know what padding is. Big Grin
Much more better :0
If i can to suggest something: try little lift up this image, and move little to left - for center justify relatively to free space. Something like: [attachment=6559]
If you have problem with this, let me know - i check this in template or css style and i tell you where is it
The rules and search were their as an example.. I was still adding all the links in. That's why their was a big gap. I will also move the banner.
I prefer the second one too.

It looks more rounded and I guess rather complete. I think it could improved to make it more "wow".

Although I can't make suggestions as I do like the look right now!
~Joey
Pages: 1 2