MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How do i set up email authentication for my forums?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When people register, i am having to activate their accounts. how can i set up an automated email for them authenticate their accounts themselves so i don't have to manually activate it.
Go to "Login and Registration Options" inside Board Settings in Admin CP.
You will see "Registration Method " , change it to Send Email Verification.
It will work fine Smile

Regards
WallBB
I have that already but i don't know how to set up the email verification thing. that's the issue i'm having. they're not getting emails cuz i don't know how to set that up.
You have your server and that mail set in cpanel right?
no like, i don't know how to set up the mail system. as in, how do i make an email account send an automatic account verification email to the user, i am using gmail but i can create a new email if i have to. i have the settings already set up forum side, i just don't know how to make the email account do it. i don't know where to add in the stuff in cpanel either. i have the settings set up on the forums in acp. but not in cpanel, no.
(2016-09-11, 10:07 PM)White Rabbit Wrote: [ -> ]no like, i don't know how to set up the mail system. as in, how do i make an email account send an automatic account verification email to the user, i am using gmail but i can create a new email if i have to. i have the settings already set up forum side, i just don't know how to make the email account do it. i don't know where to add in the stuff in cpanel either. i have the settings set up on the forums in acp. but not in cpanel, no.

it appears like you don't know to set up email. You can't use gmail for it. Mail you are using for that need to be at server you are using. Mostly it has same name as your domain (eg. site: mybb.com email: [email protected]), you can't use gmail as it is on different server and your site haven't access to it.
So you need to set mail at your server and use domain same as your forum url (example: if site is at www.example.com email will be something like [email protected] or [email protected] and so)
where do i set this stuff then?
Please check this tutorial: https://docs.mybb.com/1.8/faq/mail/