MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Too much MySQL usage.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
The more and more posts, users etc on your forum there are - the more database space your forum will occupy.

There is nothing we can do about that - it's how things work.

3.8mb is a small database and is nothing to be concerned about it.

mybb_threads 102.5 KB
page 185.7 KB
revision 192.4 KB

Can you tell me if these are useful and what they do?
Please also tell me how many of these are related to MyBB.
archive
categorylinks
externallinks
filearchive
hitcounter
imagelinks
interwiki
ipblocks
job
langlinks
logging
math
only tables prefixed with mybb_ are used by MyBB, all others are used by other programs.
Thanks for that I got so many of these so I just want to remove them.
This is the stuff that I see on my site.
MySQLi error: 1044
Access denied for user 'voldemort_db'@'192.168.0.0/255.255.0.0' to database 'voldemort_db'
Query: INSERT INTO mybb_sessions (uid, sid, time, ip, location, useragent, location1, location2, nopermission) VALUES ('0', 'f33bc3783376d020b14ac8c46caf8cee', '1182057438', '59.93.95.124', '/', 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.4) Gecko/20070515 Firefox/2.0.0.4', '0', '0', '0');
What does it mean?
Your database username/password is wrong or your database user doesn't have permission to access the database.
Well if I have used up more than 3mb of My database quota then it does not allow more to be added.
If your (paid) host only allows 3 mb of mySQL database quota, then it would seriously be worth considering changing hosts! Most paid hosts allow almost unlimited(???) I think - but the biggest database I've had to manage is 8mb compressed (when backed up with gzip or something?) which I understood to be about 39mb if viewed normally.

I had a quick look at the Pandela forums and it seems the free account only allows 3mb quota, so I guess this could be where your problem lies. You could always consider hosting your forums offsite at another host?
I currently have no earning so I am trying to look for a free host.Since I started of here now I am stuck here.I am looking for a new host.
There are a number of review sites that focus on free php/mySQL hosts Smile Good luck!
I think http://www.freewebspace.net/ has a large listing, but you have to look at a lot of hosts before you can find a decent free one Toungue
Pages: 1 2 3