MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Cookie domain & path for localhost?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
What should I use for the cookies domain and path when using Mybb on the localhost?

The url of the forum: http://localhost/mybb/

The reason why I ask is that I get kicked (I login and it tells me I'm in, Then it still says welcome guest in the welcome box) everytime I login from the forum index (or the front-end generally), But I can login from the backend.
Leave it blank.
The path will definetly be /mybb/.
destroyer Wrote:The path will definetly be /mybb/.

Edit: did you already try to leave it blanc, like lex said?

It wouldn't be /mybb/ if its on a localhost. It should be left blank for a localhost installation
Never tried it on localhost, don't have that kind of software ... but I thought it was the same thing like installing it on a server.
Yeah, It finally worked (by leaving both fields blank), I shouldn't play with something I don't know Toungue, Thanks mates for your fast reply!
No, that's incorrect. Your support to leave the cookie domain blank if your on localhost. The correct path is /mybb/ in your case.

C'mon people.
Hah, I got it right the first time!
Tikitiki Wrote:No, that's incorrect. Your support to leave the cookie domain blank if your on localhost. The correct path is /mybb/ in your case.

C'mon people.
I have no idea how it worked with both fields empty, and it's still working now with your advice.

That's the most confusing setting in MyBB.
Mamoun Wrote:
Tikitiki Wrote:No, that's incorrect. Your support to leave the cookie domain blank if your on localhost. The correct path is /mybb/ in your case.

C'mon people.
I have no idea how it worked with both fields empty, and it's still working now with your advice.

That's the most confusing setting in MyBB.

If you set a cookie without a path or domain, it'll basically act like it's global to the site, meaning it'll work with any applications and will be able to be accessed by anyone who requests it. Thats how tracking cookies work.

By setting a path, you limit it to only that directory on your site. The cookie domain is there to specify if you only want it accessible from one domain.