MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Unable to install a new theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am unable to install a new theme of my forum .

Im getting an error while importing the theme.

MyBB Error 
The upload was successful, or the file you specified exists, but does it not contain valid theme information. Please ensure that it is a valid theme file.

How can i fix this error. Please help me out.

Theme script:-
http://rapidshare.com/files/37307054/vis..._.rar.html
Since when are themes on rapidshare? Please upload the theme as attachment here.
samsunghere Wrote:I am unable to install a new theme of my forum .

Im getting an error while importing the theme.

MyBB Error 
The upload was successful, or the file you specified exists, but does it not contain valid theme information. Please ensure that it is a valid theme file.

How can i fix this error. Please help me out.

Theme script:-
http://rapidshare.com/files/37307054/vis..._.rar.html

Okay iv downloaded the theme and tested it it worked okay.You must of done something wrong while uploading it so this is how you should upload the theme xml file

AdminCP > Themes > Import >

File/Local Filename: Find the xml file on your computer/or host (should be Vista-theme.xml)
Custom Name: Just type in what you want the theme to be called
Parent Theme: MyBB Master Style
Import Custom Templates: Yes
Ignore Version Compatibility: Yes

Then click "Import Theme"
thx for your reply.

Jag100, I tried in the correct way before and later on your procedure.

but still i get the same error. please help me out by any other way to do so.

destroyer, here in the attachment the script is available.
Okay The only way i got your message was uploading the .zip. if you did that then that is wrong. Do this

Inside that file (use an extractor www.winzip.com) should be images and a xml file

first upload the Vista folder in the images folder of your mybb forum and then upload the Vista-theme.xml file though the theme import menu by doing this

AdminCP > Themes > Import >

File/Local Filename: Find the xml file on your computer/or host (should be Vista-theme.xml)
Custom Name: Just type in what you want the theme to be called
Parent Theme: MyBB Master Style
Import Custom Templates: Yes
Ignore Version Compatibility: Yes

Then click "Import Theme"
still its not working.....same error?
samsunghere Wrote:still its not working.....same error?

Could you try upload another theme to see if you get the same error
samsunghere Wrote:still its not working.....same error?

Are you really sure you are uploading the .xml file and not the zip file?
Alternatively you could upload the xml file to your forum root folder. And change the Local Filename: to "../insert_appropriate_name_here.xml"
Yes, im uploading the exact .xml file, but still its not working.

Alternatively you could upload the xml file to your forum root folder. And change the Local Filename: to "../insert_appropriate_name_here.xml"

CraKteR, will you please tell me exactly where and how to upload it alternatively , im confused?
He means upload it Via FTP in your forums directory and then specify the path to it from your website.
Pages: 1 2