MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [WIP] Responsive MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys I know there are a couple of responsive themes out there the best one being Respond which is quite expensive so I decided to make something like that using Bootstrap and release it for free. Developers can use this as a framework to build a theme on until 2.0 I hope.

Nothing fancy, No extra colors or whatsoever, I took the default MyBB theme and made it 100% responsive using a lot of Bootstrap elements and grids. I'll also be releasing one without Bootstrap soon after this hopefully.

The aim is to use this as a framework for any future theme development as this is just a RESPONSIVE version of the default MyBB theme. No fancy stuff. Much better than GoMobile.

So lets have a look at some snaps now, 

Its not at 100% yet as there a lot of tables to remake and templates to redo and feel free to criticise or give honest opinions. 

Gallery.
User profiles.
Member List
New member list.
Register
User CP Home.
First Google responsive test.

Also I haven't added screens on a larger screen because it looks exactly like the default MyBB theme on a larger screen. No changes. None at all.
Stuff done so far :- 
  • Index
  • Guest View & Member View
  • Postbit
  • Profiles
  • Login 
  • Search
  • New thread
  • New reply
  • Threadlist
  • Member list
  • Register form
  •  
Stuff to do :-
  • User CP
  • Register form
  • Portal
  • Some more stuff every here and there.
Thats all for now but I promise new stuff soon. 

Cheers and feel free to give your honest opinions.
Pretty good attempt, good luck with it Smile
(2016-09-12, 01:15 PM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]Pretty good attempt, good luck with it Smile

Thanks a lot mate Toungue

Few updates :-  User profiles.

Trying to clean up as much as possible.
This is just another start which is far from finished, best not to promise anything in case you disappoint. Most of these starts end up abandoned or "half jobbies" when the starter realises the actual amount of work involved.

Respond is / was $30, which is a reasonable price for a responsive theme that's been done right.
(2016-09-12, 03:53 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]This is just another start which is far from finished, best not to promise anything in case you disappoint. Most of these starts end up abandoned or "half jobbies" when the starter realises the actual amount of work involved.

Respond is / was $30, which is a reasonable price for a responsive theme that's been done right.

Yeah I get it, But I'm gonna finish this and its going to be open source so if anyone feels like they can improve it even further then sure why not, Hopefully I'll deliver.
Good luck with your project @Freakout14
Thanks everyone. Updated the original post with Member list snaps.
That does not look good, no offense. I am guessing that you are trying to get by with tables still. Where's the avatar, post, thread & referral count ?

Which mobile device did you use for the images? I am curious to see what the image output looks like firstly on an apple iphone 5, and secondly on Samsung Galaxy Y
(2016-09-13, 12:04 AM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]That does not look good, no offense. I am guessing that you are trying to get by with tables still. Where's the avatar, post, thread & referral count ?

Which mobile device did you use for the images? I am curious to see what the image output looks like firstly on an apple iphone 5, and secondly on Samsung Galaxy Y

All the pics i took so far are on a 5s and I have tested it thoroughly with a 5s since I own one personally. 

Galaxy Y :- http://imgur.com/a/zlZL0

And no offence taken, I agree. I'll redo the member list just cant think of a design right now. Thanks for your honest opinions mate

Guys I would just like some suggestions from your side about the registration part. Should I make is shorter and faster on phones or just make the default register form more responsive? I think the right part of the registration should be hidden on smaller devices. Let me know what you think.

BUMP! New update. Since people were complaining about the Member list being too simple decided to go fancy.

New member list.
Register

Register is not done yet as I'm having some problems with captcha. 

More stuff coming soon. 

Remember guys once you resize the window over 700 everything is back to the default MyBB theme ;P
New updates.

Started working on the User CP (the most messy part of MyBB) and I think I'm having some progress so far.

User CP Home.
Google Responsive test