MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: install of textlinkads program
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Well duh, you don't put PHP code in a STRING. It'll act as, guess what? A string.

* Ryan Gordon sighs.
Hmm, you could put the code into a file called tla.php and upload it to your root forum folder. Then in global.php have $var = include('tla.php'); the problem with this however is that the code will then be run in global.php when $var is declared, making $var itself redundant.

If you removed tla_ads(); from the tla.php file, that would stop the code being run when $var was declared, but you would then need to find another way to run that function when you wanted to show the ads.

Do you have a URL to your forums so I can see how it looks at the minute?
gaming-forums.org. I've removed the tla code for now so you won't see any errors.

I would face the same problem at my other forum proxyusers.net although it's on vbulletin.
I'm assuming the code appeared at the very top of the forum?
the VERY top. above the logo.
Yeah, it's cause it's being loaded straight into global.php. Did you see a white page with the text on prior to it loading your forum?
hmmm..... i don't believe so for the tla ads.

I tried to run an RSS feed in much the same manner and for that php code i did see the white page with the text before the forum loaded.
Ok, this rather crude plugin (which is based on the hello plugin which comes with MyBB) will show the ads below the welcome block on all pages.

You will need to upload the attached file to /inc/plugins/ then create a file called "local_128732.xml" in your root forum folder and make it writable. Finally you'd need to go to your Admin CP and enable the plugin (ACP -> Plugin Manager -> TLA Plugin -> Activate)
You call it crude. I call it a lifesaver. It got the job done and I give you a million thanks.

It will take me a couple of days to figure out how, and why it worked. Rolleyes

Nathan
MrDoom, you created the plugin above for me for one of my forums (gaming-forums.org) so that I could display some ads. Thanks for that. I've now tried to create a clone of that plugin for a second set of text ads I wish to display on that forum.

It worked, sort of. I have 4 questions.

1. If you go to gaming-forums.org you'll see the ads from this new plugin show at the top of the page. I would like them near the bottom, nearer the footer. Why do they show at the top and not under the welcomeblock like the first set of ads? The ad company provided 2 files (attached) and I've also attached the plugin (ztmc.php) I made.
2. before the page loads you get a flash of the ads on their own at the top of a white background page. Why is that?
3. if i upgrade the forum to v1.2.9 (from 1.2.7) will the previous plugin you made for me still work?
4. i have a second forum (malluspace.com) that I'd like to run the same 2 sets of ads on. Are their any changes I would need to make to the plugins? That forum is running on the Red Night theme for myBB.

Thanks,
N
Pages: 1 2 3