MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Updateing from old board
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there, i havent been here in say about 6 months, and have just got back hosting and a new domain, now its 1.2.7, all i have left of my old boards is the mysql database, i suppose thats all i really need to reclame posts/threads and users?

I would like to update assap to teh new version, but i dont know what version my old boards was.. how do i find out useing phpmyadmin?
It's probably 1.1.x. Just check it out. Smile

Edit: (deleted the previous post accidently): just uploading your database together with 1.2.7 files won't work.
You can easily tell by going into your ACP. So get everything running using your current version and log in to see. Then you can proceed upgrading to 1.2.7 from there.

edit: though I doubt it was 1.1, Destroyer! Smile We've been using the 1.2 series since September of last year, I believe! But if by chance you are using 1.1.8, you have a lot of upgrading to do! Good luck!
godsdead Wrote:Hi there, i havent been here in say about 6 months, and have just got back hosting and a new domain, now its 1.2.7, all i have left of my old boards is the mysql database, i suppose thats all i really need to reclame posts/threads and users?

I would like to update assap to teh new version, but i dont know what version my old boards was.. how do i find out useing phpmyadmin?

You can try this

You can go though one of the logs in phpmyadmin and find the youngest date in those records and then using that date finding out which version of mybb it is
Oh, I see! Godsdead, you don't even have your old mybb files? Ouch, that would be tough! Do you remember doing an upgrade in September or October of last year?

I guess you could give us a list of the table names in your database. That way, we could see if the new ones from 1.2 are there.
Yeah, without the files, it won't work of course! Toungue

Try searching your database for:

Quote:INSERT INTO mybb_datacache VALUES ('version', 'a:2:{s:7:"version";s:5:"1.2.7"

Note: 1.2.7 is mine version, so just search for 'version'. Maybe it has been cached ... don't know that for sure.
You could try backing up your existing database then dropping your existing tables. Then installing MyBB 1.2.7 where you want your forum. Then dropping the new tables made when installing, then restore your old tables and then finally run the upgrade script. That may work but I'm not sure since you don't have your settings or conf files.

If you're going to try that, make sure and back up your database, perhaps more than once to be sure.
I doubt that will work if it's a 1.1.x installation.
In theory it should work like a 1.1.x to 1.2.x upgrade since you'd end up having 1.2.x files and a 1.1.x database.