MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: want a mybb forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
what are the steps to build a own mybb forum? ........could someone help me please.....i'am very interested to build a good forum
1) Register a domain name. I personally use www.godaddy.com since its cheap and easy to manage domains.
2) Buy some hosting. I use HostNine because they are also cheap but are very reliable.
3) Using the nameservers (or dns servers) that HostNine email to you, you can set them in the godaddy screen.
4) Log into the ftp of your site and follow the upload instructions for MyBB.
I use Name Cheap for domains since they come with whois protection.
[Wiki: installing] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
Or if you don't you don't want to pay use www.dotfreehost.com or www.freehostia.com

Any help on installing you can PM me Smile
Also, you can use CreateMyBB to have a free MyBB installation hosted for you, if you don't have/want a host of your own.

http://www.createmybb.com/
I also use NameCheap.com, they have easier to use services, as well as included Whois Privacy, and advanced DNS management. For hosting, use http://www.oxyhost.com they have great support and fast/reliable/secure servers. (Plus it's free. Smile)
Jag100 Wrote:Or if you don't you don't want to pay use www.dotfreehost.com or www.freehostia.com

I tried Freehostia and they don't offer "sendmail" or SMTP with free accounts, which I think is needed by MyBB. Any ideas on that?
I use localhost(for starters)im not a beginner but i dont use free hosts
corky Wrote:
Jag100 Wrote:Or if you don't you don't want to pay use www.dotfreehost.com or www.freehostia.com

I tried Freehostia and they don't offer "sendmail" or SMTP with free accounts, which I think is needed by MyBB. Any ideas on that?

DotFreeHost does i know as i own it Toungue. As i know of freehostia never has had SMTP for free accounts

Heres another list of free hosts www.freewebspace.net/
Pages: 1 2