MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Error message for plugins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Im using 1.8

when i go to plugin updates or browse plugin in my admin cp i get this error message.
  • Plugins
  • Plugin Updates
  • Browse Plugins

Here you may browse the official MyBB modifications site for plugins compatible with your series of MyBB.

The following errors were encountered:
  • There was a problem communicating with the MyBB modifications server. Please try again in a few minutes.

Any help fixing this is greatly appreciated.

God Bless

chris
This problem can occur if the site here is under heavy traffic. Check to see if it is still doing that.
ive tried a few times over the past 3 days......same error everytime
Check with your host if cURL and the ability to fetch remote files is enabled on your server.
(2016-09-15, 11:48 AM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Check with your host if cURL and the ability to fetch remote files is enabled on your server.

They said Curl is enabled...any other ideas?

they sent me this....not sure what or how to test.

I have checked and curl is enabled and installed on the following path:

--------
curl: /usr/bin/curl /opt/curlssl/bin/curl /usr/share/man/man1/curl.1.gz
--------

You may check this by utilizing the test script which I uploaded to your account at http://helpwantedalabama.com/curltest/curltest.php
It's possible that this is due to our move to HTTPS on our systems.
I have contacted our development team to look into this for you and one will be in touch as soon as possible.
(2016-09-19, 07:45 PM)katos Wrote: [ -> ]It's possible that this is due to our move to HTTPS on our systems.
I have contacted our development team to look into this for you and one will be in touch as soon as possible.
thank you
Hi,

I've just tested this from my server and it works, so it doesn't seem to be a problem on our side. Can you try uploading the below into a file called "fetch_remote.php" and opening your browser to the page "/fetch_remote.php" on your forum? Can you post the output that is shown when you do access this page?

<?php
echo "CURL: " . function_exists('curl_version') . "<br />";
echo "FSOCKOPEN: " . function_exists("fsockopen") . "<br />";
(2016-09-26, 04:49 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I've just tested this from my server and it works, so it doesn't seem to be a problem on our side. Can you try uploading the below into a file called "fetch_remote.php" and opening your browser to the page "/fetch_remote.php" on your forum? Can you post the output that is shown when you do access this page?

Does the file "fetch_remote.php" exist? or do i have to create it?   php newbe here...

(2016-09-26, 04:49 PM)I did what you asked (i think)...i had to create the fetech remote file.... see attached photo....thanks for any help Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

You have to create the file.
Pages: 1 2