MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Changing Boards (Information Needed)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Years ago, I started out self hosting and using a mix of HTML pages and B2G mixed together. I used to know a good bit about HTML and coding and all this other lovely stuff, now... not so much. I got lazy, I started using Proboards and I am struggling to find my way back to what I never should have left. I wish coding was like riding a bike, but alas, it is not so. 

I am wanting to switch away from Proboards to my own self-hosted site but I am hitting a few issues. phpBB vs myBB (obviously, based on where I am posting this I am leaning towards myBB). What is the difference? What really sets one apart from the other? 

I am lost as to where to start to begin coding the skin/layout of the site. Is there anyone here that is familiar with the coding aspect of the board that could assist me as to where to begin? I am not really interested in using a premade, but I suppose if it came down to that I could suck it up and do it.
It's really easy man. I suggest you stop thinking about how it works and just use it, you're over thinking it.

PHPBB sucks. It's the lamest thing ever created. I'm sorry you came from that piece of junk I considered using! MyBB is the best, 3% of all boards hacked have been MyBB, while 97% for VBulletin.

This is impressive, MyBB is the most popular and secure forum on the planet. It is also packed with features which make it useful for so many other things. Just start playing with it and if you have a question, post under general support instead.