MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: mybb with search engine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i'm just curious so want to ask, why all my posts in forum don't show in google? i'm using mybb 1.2.7.what i mean is google doesn't recognize anything about my site forum

any ideas .i'm very appreciate
Well you could try using the SEO mod... Maybe google hasn't visited your site, or if they have then perhaps they haven't updated their indices yet. It's not instantaneous.
Have you tried adding your site to Google:

http://www.google.com/addurl

I've personally steered clear of Google recently. They seem to have hit a major rough patch in their history. What with the constant lawsuits surrounding YouTube, their privacy policy being called a "shables", and their stupid competitiveness that made eBay drop their $25 million advert contract.
Yet it is still one of if not the most popular search engines people use Toungue
so first thing i have to do is using SEO mod?is it right?
Google indexes most forums so you don't need to SEO mod. However Google needs to be told where to look so adding your url will help with indexing.
xiaolin Wrote:so first thing i have to do is using SEO mod?is it right?

Do what DrPoodle suggested (adding your URL).

The SEO mod will only help your pages make a higher ranking in search engine results, but it won't help your forum get listed if you haven't added your URL.