MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: only PHP code shows on /forums/install URL, not actual Welcome page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The raw PHP code is displaying as plain text when I pull up the install URL.

I have an account on Hostica (economy host) that includes PHP and MySQL.

My next troubleshooting step is to upload a simple PHP page and make sure PHP is actually being parsed properly.

I have read through approximately a dozen pages of the install support forum, unfortunately, no other users have had this exact problem recently, or reported it.

The code is being displayed as courier font (plain text) -- the fact the code is even showing up on my screen tells me the file(s) have been uploaded correctly. For some reason, however, the server is sending the raw file contents out to the browser and not a server-side parsed PHP page.

Very odd, no?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated -- not sure how often this forum is checked, but in the mean time I'll continue troubleshooting.

Thanks!

forum URL: http://www.albirroja.com/forum/install
If your host has PHP enabled then they haven't got it running properly. The only thing you can do it tell your host about the problem.
Ok, I found that PHP can actually be turned "on" or "off" at the admin page. I turned PHP "on" and then clicked on Apply (to update server configuration).

Page is still displaying raw code.

Perhaps if I give it a few minutes to update ...
It shows all right here. Perhaps you need to do a hard-refresh (CTRL+F5 usually) or clear the cache from your browser.
[/color]
DennisTT Wrote:It shows all right here. Perhaps you need to do a hard-refresh (CTRL+F5 usually) or clear the cache from your browser.

It works now, you're right. I had actually done a hard refresh (CTRL-F5) earlier but it did not work. It must take providers like Hostica a few extra moments to "start the PHP daemon".

Well, hopefully this thread will help others who are seeing the raw PHP code. Maybe in future versions, the first few lines of the install code can have a comment line:

// --- IF YOU CAN SEE THESE LINES, PLEASE MAKE SURE PHP IS TURNED ON IN YOUR ADMIN PAGE.[color=#008080]

Or something to that effect.

Thanks everyone for the help!