MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [SOLVED] what does the purge spammer button do
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
on MyBB 1.6 i used The Goodbye spammer mod. And now in 1.8 i noticed there is a purge spammer button. Did MyBB add the goodbye spammer mod to the core? And does this do the same thing....remove user, delete all threads and posts by that user, and bans that ip address?
yes, as you said, purge spammer is (almost) same as good bye spammer & that plugin's functionality was integrated into MyBB Core
By almost what was left out? Does it ban the ip address?
it also bans ip address of the spammer. nothing was left out from the plugin.
Nice... thanks
What determines that to appear on certain post? Because I have family that posted on my forums that have that link and I want to remove that. Is that possible?
^ basically purge spammer button appears for all posts except Staff's posts. Also the button does
not appear for users whose posts are more than a preset number which is set at the settings.

forum admin panel >> Configuration (Settings) >> Purge Spammer --> Post Limit
If staff means moderator, then I'm confused, because my sister registered. She's not a moderator and she doesn't have that button.
^
Quote:Also the button does not appear for users whose posts are more than a preset number which is set at the settings.

forum admin panel >> Configuration (Settings) >> Purge Spammer --> Post Limit
i wish there was a way to turn on/off logging spam content on the forum.

for 1) moderators cant login to stop forum spam account to see the username/email addresses. And 2) even then if you want to ban certain keywords used a lot by spammers (such as http:// in the subject or buy this in the text) you cant even tell what the constant spam content is to ban because moderators purge the user and its content and you only see the content in which you yourself purge...not everyone team members.

It would be nice to go to ACP and see a list of banned username/emails/and their content that got them purged in the first place. And obviously a way to turn the logging on and off, and of course a way to purge the log itself to clear unwanted space.