MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: China Blocking USA websites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Wow... That is an absolute joke but on the other hand they are a communist government and that is what communist governments do best. Censorship.
My site is dedicated to my family history - nothing very controversial there. However I do wonder if my relatives in Hong Kong are behind that firewall.
Flaw Wrote:Wow... That is an absolute joke but on the other hand they are a communist government and that is what communist governments do best. Censorship.

But looking at the history of communism they should be smarter than that if they don't want rebellions :p
Especially now, when they're in their industrial revolution.
Rebellions under communist regimes are usually thwarted before they can come to fruition. Those governments have spies everywhere that is why if someone is overheard speaking ill of a particular member of the government or the government themselves they will disappear without a trace overnight. This of course is depending on how extreme the regime is. I am not talking about the Chinese government but Communism in general.
I don't think the website reports are all accurate. That's a bit of exaggeration.
Flickr was blocked a while ago by China...not sure if the blockade was lifted yet.

Lots of censorship happening these few days.
They blocked China-airlines because it's website that belongs to a Taiwanese Airline. Unfortunately, they can't accept the fact that Taiwan is a separate country and still wants to blindly take over Taiwan. Rolleyes
Pages: 1 2