MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: mybbwebhost.com - Is it still working?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
mybbwebhost.com/index.php

Is this service still up to date? My main concern is, is it reliable?
Yes the website is in use but, doesn't know taking enquirers or not
I believe this was previously owned by Zash but was sold sometime in 2016.

Any reason you're looking at them specifically for hosting? Or are you open to alternative recommendations?
(2016-09-22, 09:09 PM)Alex - A2Hosting Wrote: [ -> ]I believe this was previously owned by Zash but was sold sometime in 2016.

Any reason you're looking at them specifically for hosting? Or are you open to alternative recommendations?

I was with A2Hosting, but customer support offered zero help and they acted like they didn't want to talk to me. At times I would wait 5 minutes every time they needed to respond to my sentence, so I decided to find a new host.

Not only that, every time I tried to use a plugin, I would get nothing but errors about missing database information, so I was strictly limited to using the MyBB forum with zero mods.
(2016-09-23, 05:02 PM)Zaqre Wrote: [ -> ]I was with A2Hosting, but customer support offered zero help and they acted like they didn't want to talk to me. At times I would wait 5 minutes every time they needed to respond to my sentence, so I decided to find a new host.

Live chat? Reps tend to take more than one live chat at a time. The world doesn't revolve around you.

(2016-09-23, 05:02 PM)Zaqre Wrote: [ -> ]Not only that, every time I tried to use a plugin, I would get nothing but errors about missing database information, so I was strictly limited to using the MyBB forum with zero mods.

That's not an A2Hosting issue. I've been able to replicate it on multiple hosts.
(2016-09-28, 08:45 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-09-23, 05:02 PM)Zaqre Wrote: [ -> ]I was with A2Hosting, but customer support offered zero help and they acted like they didn't want to talk to me. At times I would wait 5 minutes every time they needed to respond to my sentence, so I decided to find a new host.

Live chat? Reps tend to take more than one live chat at a time. The world doesn't revolve around you.

(2016-09-23, 05:02 PM)Zaqre Wrote: [ -> ]Not only that, every time I tried to use a plugin, I would get nothing but errors about missing database information, so I was strictly limited to using the MyBB forum with zero mods.

That's not an A2Hosting issue. I've been able to replicate it on multiple hosts.

Never said it did, but a "live chat" is supposed to be instant messaging. If I wanted to wait, I could have just sent an email. Thanks for your highly valuable input. 

Likewise, ever since I switched to http://www.mybbwebhost.com/, they have not had a single issue like I was having with A2hosting. They have answered my questions related to plugins (hell they even fixed a few) and they helped me with every problem until it was solved and didn't give me "We are not experienced with your type of site, try going to their forum or site and ask for help."

So, thank you for stating your opinion - because that is all it ever will be. 

After I switched to Mybbwebhost, I have had help from missing database information, to them setting up my mailing system and fixing/modifying a few plugins so they would work.

Can someone lock this thread? It will cause nothing but issues with people trying to defend things.