MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [SOLVED] turning off friendly redirect pages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am assuming friendly redirect pages are to help prohibit bots? But isnt that the point of captcha, email confirmation, first post moderation, etc. And/or you could even make a locked usergroup with a group promotion to lock them if they create X number of threads in 1 hour (automation). So what is the point of friendly redirect pages and making real users wait a few second between pages?
(2016-09-19, 09:58 AM)metulburr Wrote: [ -> ]So what is the point of friendly redirect pages and making real users wait a few second between pages?

None, they are pointless and annoying. I turn them off for all users.
Not sure what they'd do against bots, they're just there so the user knows the action they performed has been completed, if it's not necessarily obvious it has been on the page they then get sent to afterwards.
Besides, you can use Inline Success Messages if you want to disable redirection pages while still providing a feedback for performed actions.
I just turned them off and noticed, i wasnt able to tell if a thread was closed or open due to me being an admin. So i was about to turn them back on, but saw your post about inline success messages.
Based o nthe image 

Inline success message is exactly what i need. I am surprised that this is not in the MyBB core as an alternative option for friendly redirect pages.  Thank you!