MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: chmod and Godaddy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I use FileZilla and I tried to change the chmod of the files listed. Every time I did it would just revert back to 000 and completely ignore the changes. I downloaded SmartFTP and tried to change the chmod on there but it gave me an error message.

I not sure what kind of server I'm using at Godaddy.com. I know that if it is a windows server you don't need to mess with the chmod however I still get this error message when I try to install.

Requirements
PHP Version: 4.3.11
Supported DB Extensions: MySQL
PHP XML Extensions: Installed
Configuration File Writable: Not Writable
Settings File Writable: Not Writable
File Uploads Directory Writable: Not Writable
Avatar Uploads Directory Writable: Not Writable

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
This is MyBB Support not GoDaddy support. I suggest you contact them.
If you're using Godaddy, you need to go with their linux/php package instead of their windows/asp package! I switched over and haven't had any problems with them. It's really easy to switch in the control panel and should take less than a day to go through.

edit: though it looks like you might already be with the linux/php package, since the check verified that you do have php and mysql. Are you paying for hosting or using a free hosting package?
I found with godaddy I have to change the permissions of the file(s) before I upload them. I use Kubuntu and I just right click the file and change the permissions.

I do use their linux server but still can not figure how to change permissions on the 'go daddy' control panel...
Have you tried logging in using IE and then right clicking on the files? I have done that in the past to change permissions. As far as I can recall, you don't change permissions from within godaddy. You have to either do that in IE or while you're logged into your site with a FTP software.