MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Import news (nntp)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I would like to introduce mybb in place of our existing news (a.k.a. usenet) server. I would like to import existing news to mybb -- how this can be achieved? if there is some existing method to do it, please tell me how.

If no such method exists, could you advise how this can be most easily done? As you know news are stored in text files with a header similar to email. I would only like to import titles, dates, and bodies of messages - authors can be lost. News are also threaded (i.e. they have reference numbers) so, if possible, I would also like to import this tree structure.

I am sure this can be done in various ways, perhaps using some existing scripts to process raw news files, please help me with your experience to find the easiest one - I am new to mybb.

Thanks!

Mike
Thanks, I had a look into the plugin source and it does not seem to support news threads (because most RSS don't use them).
Any other ideas please? news is quite a standard and a predecessor of BBs so I do hope there is a better way to import it...

Thanks,

Mike