MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Suddenly Cant post
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was able to post last night after the update but i spotted no one had posted today

I tried to post a thread and got these two errors

Quote:Fatal error: Call to undefined function: update_thread_data() in /home/alterna/public_html/forum/inc/datahandlers/post.php on line 1164

I re-installed post.php and got this one now when i try to post
Quote:Fatal error: Call to undefined function: update_stats() in /home/alterna/public_html/forum/inc/functions_rebuild.php on line 28

When i re-fresh the forum the thead has been posted but when i try to delete any duplicates it has made (when i thought it never posted and tried again) i get this
Quote:Fatal error: Call to undefined function: update_forum_counters() in /home/alterna/public_html/forum/inc/class_moderation.php on line 819
upon refreshing i receive this...
Quote:Fatal error: Call to undefined function: update_thread_counters() in /home/alterna/public_html/forum/inc/functions_upload.php on line 93
You or someone seems to have screwed up your files. reupload inc/class_datacache.php and inc/functions.php
I am the only one with control at the moment
The forum was working perfectly last night and nothing has been touched until just there when i tried to post.

thanks - just installing it now to see if it works

*edit*
just uploaded as advised and when deleting a thread i get this...
Quote:Fatal error: Call to undefined function: update_forum_counters() in /home/alterna/public_html/forum/inc/class_moderation.php on line 819
after a refresh
Quote:Fatal error: Call to undefined function: update_thread_counters() in /home/alterna/public_html/forum/inc/functions_upload.php on line 93
put back your backed up files on your sever

then if that works downloads the files that you need for the update again
if you ran the update.php as i am not sure waht verion you are updating to or from

don't run it again

let us now how you get on

hope this some of a help Big Grin
I am just trying to reinstall my backups now Smile thanks
is it just the copy of the forum i just need to reinstall the back up or do i need to do the database as well

i was just upgrading from 1.2.6 to .7 - it worked ok at first but im unsure what has happened during the time i was at work - there is no other main controls on the board except myself. the other admin is away and the mod is hardly on so there is no other staff

will let you know how it gets on
thanks huni x
metalcherry Wrote:I am just trying to reinstall my backups now Smile thanks
is it just the copy of the forum i just need to back up or do i need the database as well

i was just upgrading from 1.2.6 to .7 - it worked ok at first but im unsure what has happened during the time i was at work - there is no other main controls on the board except myself. the other admin is away and the mod is hardly on so there is no other staff

will let you know how it gets on
thanks huni x

i don't think a SQL problem should just be a file back up. Then if it works then get the files you need to update to 12.7 and just copy to you sever

ps before did you run the update.php (just asking)

let me now how you get on
yeh i ran update.php - it worked fine and converted to 1.2.7

ok, re-installed my file backups and its still the same Sad
just tried to delete a superfluous thread there and it came back up with this...
ok, re-re-installed the backup and tried to delete and now it works fine
thanks Tazfan - your a star xx
It's because you've been uploading 1.2.6 files. You need to get the latest ones. Also I don't think there is a update.php? There's a upgrade.php in install/ but not a update.php.
Tikitiki Wrote:It's because you've been uploading 1.2.6 files. You need to get the latest ones. Also I don't think there is a update.php? There's a upgrade.php in install/ but not a update.php.
yes that's right its upgrade.php thank you Tikitiki for pointing that out

but glad it all working now
Pages: 1 2