MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Use of Keywords ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Friends what is the use of keywords ? Keywords will increase our forum adsenceĀ earnings & forum guests ? How to add Keywors on mybb forum ?

Help me....
(2016-09-22, 09:46 AM)MAS Wrote: [ -> ]Friends what is the use of keywords ? Keywords will increase our forum adsenceĀ earnings & forum guests ? How to add Keywors on mybb forum ?

Help me....

It helps getting your site on Google and when people search them keywords.

<meta name="keywords" content="keyword one, keyword two,keyword three, keyword four"/>

(2016-09-22, 09:56 AM)iAndrew Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-09-22, 09:46 AM)MAS Wrote: [ -> ]Friends what is the use of keywords ? Keywords will increase our forum adsenceĀ earnings & forum guests ? How to add Keywors on mybb forum ?

Help me....

It helps getting your site on Google and when people search them keywords.

<meta name="keywords" content="keyword one, keyword two,keyword three, keyword four"/>

False. It won't help at all. In 2001 perhaps, but modern search engines don't bother with meta keywords. They care about content keywords and the actual content of your site.

OP, if you want more visitors your forum need content which people want to see. Focus on building your community.
Thanks for the info, they seem to help my site tho.
When i view my AW stats it shows a list of keywords people search and visit my site from Google.
(2016-09-22, 11:30 AM)iAndrew Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the info, they seem to help my site tho.
When i view my AW stats it shows a list of keywords people search and visit my site from Google.

https://webmasters.googleblog.com/2009/0...a-tag.html

Google hasn't used it for at least 7 years (probably closer to 10). It's the thread content which matters. If you remove the meta tag you'll see no drop in visitors and you'll save some bandwidth. There's no reason to use it anymore.
(2016-09-22, 11:30 AM)iAndrew Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the info, they seem to help my site tho.

This is due to the keyword(s) being in your content, not the meta tag itself.

The things people searched for aren't and never were related to the meta keywords, Google is significantly advanced to not need a webmaster to stuff keywords into a tag for it to have any idea what the page is about. Google won't even necessarily use the meta description in search results if it decides something else on the page is better.