MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: reordering post button in post reply/thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We want to reorder the layout of the post thread in new thread editor as well as post reply in new post edtior. Such as the following 

[attachment=37370]
Does not make sense to put the buttons there, you're saying to your users ignore all the options below these buttons, but you can look in newreply template for 

<div align="center"><input type="submit" class="button" name="submit" value="{$lang->post_reply}" tabindex="3" accesskey="s" />  <input type="submit" class="button" name="previewpost" value="{$lang->preview_post}" tabindex="4" />{$savedraftbutton}</div>

and move it up to below

<tr>
<td class="trow2" valign="top"><strong>{$lang->your_message}</strong><br />{$smilieinserter}</td>
<td class="trow2">
<textarea id="message" name="message" rows="20" cols="70" tabindex="2" >{$message}</textarea>
{$codebuttons}
{$multiquote_external}
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
Quote:Does not make sense to put the buttons there, you're saying to your users ignore all the options below these buttons
This was actually a request by users. Which makes sense to me. 9 times out 10 users are going to ask programming questions on our forum, which only include text and a code box. Most people set their signature and subscriptions globally...so these are all ignored anyways. Mod options for closing thread and sticky thread, can be done on the inline options/moderation option drop down menu afterwords. Polls i dont expect much, and we were even thinking of disabling it as it has not much value in a programming forum. The only other thing is attachments...but we want users to post code in code tags not take screenshots and upload them anyways. So everytime someone posts a question about code, we all have to scroll through all these things just to hit the post button. 

oh new new reply....i was thinking it was postbit something. Not below it. 

Quote:
<td class="trow2" valign="top"><strong>{$lang->your_message}</strong><br />{$smilieinserter}</td>
<td class="trow2">
<textarea id="message" name="message" rows="20" cols="70" tabindex="2" >{$message}</textarea>
{$codebuttons}
{$multiquote_external}
</td>
</tr>
<tr>

<!--new position of post button-->
	<div align="center"><input type="submit" class="button" name="submit" value="{$lang->post_reply}" tabindex="3" accesskey="s" />  <input type="submit" class="button" name="previewpost" value="{$lang->preview_post}" tabindex="4" />{$savedraftbutton}</div>

<td class="trow1" valign="top"><strong>{$lang->post_options}</strong></td>
<td class="trow1"><span class="smalltext">
<label><input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="postoptions[signature]" value="1" tabindex="6"{$postoptionschecked['signature']} /> {$lang->options_sig}</label>
{$disablesmilies}
</span></td>
</tr>
{$modoptions}
{$subscriptionmethod}
{$captcha}
</table>
{$attachbox}
<br />
<!--OLD POSTIION OF BUTTONS metulburr change-->
<input type="hidden" name="action" value="do_newreply" />
<input type="hidden" name="replyto" value="{$replyto}" />

Also the New threads post is not modified either.

EDIT:
Oh wait that moved way to the top....above the textbox and scheditor area
[attachment=37372]

EDIT2:
Ok so i found the only place where it would put it by moving it back and forth. However the only option is within the post option td. Is there a way to move that whole thing down to give room for the post buttons? Also this does not do this globally...such as post new thread, or if you edit another users post, etc.

Is there a spot where you change it in one location and not change all different sections?
(2016-09-22, 12:27 PM)metulburr Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Does not make sense to put the buttons there, you're saying to your users ignore all the options below these buttons
This was actually a request by users. Which makes sense to me. 9 times out 10 users are going to ask programming questions on our forum, which only include text and a code box. Most people set their signature and subscriptions globally...so these are all ignored anyways. Mod options for closing thread and sticky thread, can be done on the inline options/moderation option drop down menu afterwords. Polls i dont expect much, and we were even thinking of disabling it as it has not much value in a programming forum. The only other thing is attachments...but we want users to post code in code tags not take screenshots and upload them anyways. So everytime someone posts a question about code, we all have to scroll through all these things just to hit the post button. 

oh new new reply....i was thinking it was postbit something. Not below it. 

Quote:
<td class="trow2">
{$codebuttons}
{$multiquote_external}
</td>
</tr>
<tr>

<!--new position of post button-->

<td class="trow1" valign="top"><strong>{$lang->post_options}</strong></td>
<td class="trow1"><span class="smalltext">
<label><input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="postoptions[signature]" value="1" tabindex="6"{$postoptionschecked['signature']} /> {$lang->options_sig}</label>
{$disablesmilies}
</span></td>
</tr>
{$modoptions}
{$subscriptionmethod}
{$captcha}
</table>
{$attachbox}
<br />
<!--OLD POSTIION OF BUTTONS metulburr change-->
<input type="hidden" name="action" value="do_newreply" />
<input type="hidden" name="replyto" value="{$replyto}" />

Also the New threads post is not modified either.

EDIT:
Oh wait that moved way to the top....above the textbox and scheditor area

EDIT2:
Ok so i found the only place where it would put it by moving it back and forth. However the only option is within the post option td. Is there a way to move that whole thing down to give room for the post buttons? Also this does not do this globally...such as post new thread, or if you edit another users post, etc.

Is there a spot where you change it in one location and not change all different sections?

Sorry, my mistake for not mentioning you should put it in a row, like

<tr>
<td colspan="2" class="trow2">
<div align="center"><input type="submit" class="button" name="submit" value="{$lang->post_reply}" tabindex="3" accesskey="s" />  <input type="submit" class="button" name="previewpost" value="{$lang->preview_post}" tabindex="4" />{$savedraftbutton}</div></td>
</tr>

OR

<tr>
<td colspan="2" class="trow2" style="text-align:center">
  <input type="submit" class="button" name="submit" value="{$lang->post_reply}" tabindex="3" accesskey="s" />  <input type="submit" class="button" name="previewpost" value="{$lang->preview_post}" tabindex="4" />{$savedraftbutton}</td>
</tr>
Thanks for the clarification