MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [SOLVED] group promotion not working as expected
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am trying to lock users account if they get 100% warning. 

So i made a user group "LockByWarning" with limited privileges.

Then i made a user group promotion "LockedByWarning". REquirements set to warning points, 10 points greater than or equal to, original user groups {awaiting activation, Registered, User, Privledge User} to new user group LockByWarning. Then i enabled that promotion (or demotion actually lol)

So my expectations are when an admin/mod gives that person 10 points, that account should switch to LockByWarning group. I made a regular user account, and tested this on. However when i give the user warnings that exceed 10 points (100%), the user does not switch user group. Why is that?

If i view that users warning level it shows 100%. If i log into that account, it shows the warnings in the User CP. But that user is allowed to do things that the user group LockByWarning is not allowed to do.

I just checked it again 20 minutes later from ACP, and realized that user is in the locked group. Why does it take so long to switch?

I have a related question....

When the points drop below 10 (100%), does that mean that user will move back to the other user group or stay in locked?
There is a task called "Half-hourly User Cleanup" which "Automatically expires bans, warnings and posting suspension and moderation times for users." It only runs every half hour because these tasks might be intensive if you have lots of members.
Ok thank. How come when i check back on the user over an hour later... The user profile says banned permanently by Guest. No Reason. I put a warning on the user to last only a single hour. 

The user is still in the Locked user group, but shows banned in the profile. And it no longer shows warning on him so i cant tell whether the warnings expired properly.

EDIT:
I manually moved the user to register, and now can see the warnings. But i dont know why the user didnt switch back after the warning expired?

EDIT2:
OK i had to make a new group promotion to move them over from locked to register again with post count <=9