MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New thread Addition
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Maybe I could not explain in the subject exactly what I am looking for so I will try here:

On new posts in certain forums I want the new postbit to contain the following:

Author:
ISBN /ASIN:
Original Source:

With a place to enter the information.. 

I have template conditions and Xthreads... Can someone help me?
In your newthread template, replace:
<textarea name="message" id="message" rows="20" cols="70" tabindex="2">{$message}</textarea>
with:
<textarea name="message" id="message" rows="20" cols="70" tabindex="2"><if $message == ""><if $mybb->input['fid'] == YOUR_FID then>Author:
ISBN /ASIN:
Original Source:</if><else />{$message}</if></textarea>

Replace "YOUR_FID" with the id of the forum you want the 'template' to be filled in for new threads. Smile
Thank you so much Jordon. I have more than one forum ID would I seperate them with an ,(comma)?

Well I tried it but I got a syntex error, so I did it wrong with the comma. Then I tried the same code and it gave me the same error only naming one forum.
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home/private-info/public_html/ebook-mecca.com/newthread.php(1131) : eval()'d code on line 29

here is my site and I would like to make the posting requirements easier for my users with providing them with the must haves so I am not continuesly going after them and repairing..

my Site
Try:
<if in_array($mybb->input['fid'], array(1, 2, 3)) then>

Replace 1, 2, 3 with a comma separated list of the forums you want it to apply to. Alternatively you can use separate if blocks to give a different template to each forum. Smile
<textarea name="message" id="message" rows="20" cols="70" tabindex="2"><if $message == ""><if in_array($mybb->input['fid'], array(1, 2, 3)) then>
Author:
ISBN /ASIN:
Original Source:
</if><else />{$message}</if></textarea>

like that? of course substituting the forums I wish for it to appear, correct?  I will try that right now and come back after.. thank you so much

I juast can't make this work so I will have to think about this ... hmmmmm
well I built something with Xthreads and added global pages It did not come out as I thought however it is fine....

Take a look here: