MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Custom forum structure
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm a newbie here, i didn't knew exactly where to post this, i thought it might be apropiate here, but if im wrong, i would really appreciate if an admin could move my post to the right section.

Im designing a forum for a college project, the thing is, that i really know little about mybb and how to modify it structure. More than a theme, i wan't to know if it's possible to create a forum with different categories, so when people post a new thread, they will use tags to describe which área the thread belongs, it's a geology forum, so i'm thinking something like this:

"New fossils found in sedimentary formation"
The tags would be (Paleontology) (Sedimentology) (Stratigraphy)

My idea would be that when you get into the diferent section directory, if you click the (Paleontology) section, you will see the post, but also if you click (Sedimentology), you will see the post, more like a way of sorting it, but related to the forum structure, there's any way of doing that? Sorry if someone doesn't understand, i'll try to clarify it in the comments, thanks in advance for any help, it will be greatly appreciated.
You could try your luck with an addon such as this https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=185

Or find a different software that is designed around tags rather than categories-subforums.

Basically you can't modify MyBB's structure, that's just how it works, you can do addons which may or may not fit your requirements but if you expect it to be designed around tags as a a whole you might not be satisfied with a traditional / oldschool / mainstream style forum software.